Fox Hounds: Not for the squeamish

davekiddle

Like to feel muppets
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
I had the opportunity to attend the New Forest Fox Hounds annual fund raising walk and breakfast early this morning with Maria (HopefulM). It was a very educational and interesting morning.

(Don't forget fox hunting is now banned, so no discussion here on that subject please!)

1. Happy Hound!
4912883555_7e7ac1deb3_b.jpg

2. Walkies
4912883873_124161f744_b.jpg

3. Walkies
4913489648_f4bcb2b254_b.jpg

4. Three of many
4912884215_89f2db4dce_b.jpg

5. Feeding time!
4912884559_71d8ea665d_b.jpg

Nice ones always nice to see piccys of these (y) I loved to work with them also ;)

I really like number two, good wide-angle, just the right depth of field to ensure sharpness of the all the dogs and handlers whilst providing a nice blur of the background. Good colour too.

(y)

wow! Love these. Love the shots walking down the lane, that guy at the front - looks like you dont want to mess with him :p

Love No.4. Great use of DOF.

No1 the winner for me! Cheeky chap :)

Brilliant pics Dave :) it was a really good morning albeit a bit early!!!!:LOL:

Last edited:
Nice to see Dave TFS (y)

Absolutely cracking set Dave, lovely to see them, hoping to make the local Boxing Day Meet again this year

Last edited:
nice to see these animals are being cared for and given the chance to use the intisncts that has been bred into them (to hunt)

good looking pack of hounds. no 3 for me

Great shots. I love the Bokeh as well as the perspectives - though I would have enjoyed getting down and nasty with the dogs at their level while they're tearing up that leg (kidding). :) By the way, what lenses were you using?

Great shots. I love the Bokeh as well as the perspectives - though I would have enjoyed getting down and nasty with the dogs at their level while they're tearing up that leg (kidding). :) By the way, what lenses were you using?

Thanks. I was using a 70-200 f/2.8 VR and 28-70 f/2.8 (both Nikon)

Super shots and wonderful Hounds!
Thanks Dawn, it was an interesting experience :)

Back