Wild Fox in the local woods

Hi, its nice that you captured the fox looking towards you.

Maybe it could do with a crop to cut out some of the grass. The only other critique I can say from my point of view is maybe if you was lower down and eye level. But saying that I know its a buzz capturing wildlife and sometimes you just wanna get the shot and maybe cant get that low for surroundings etc.

Thanks for sharing :)

A nice enough image, though I'm not a fan of the central composition.
Getting slightly lower would help, animals nearly always look better from their eye level.

Thanks for the feedback gentleman. It was the first time I took my sigma 100-300 f4 out for a walk about. Still learning too shoot with it. Really hard to keep it still due too the weight. Your comments are appreciated!

Oooohhhhh!! Sarcasm there.o_O

not at all, don't judge me by your own standards brash, I used smileys to indicate humour...like this > :p I actually like the photo though I agree with previous comments about angle and central position, but I was amused by my expectation based o the title, that's all. ;)

not at all, don't judge me by your own standards brash, I used smileys to indicate humour...like this > :p I actually like the photo though I agree with previous comments about angle and central position, but I was amused by my expectation based o the title, that's all. ;)

A smiley disguises nothing:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:whistle:

no woods in sight- maybe adjust the title a tad :p

The Fox a bit too central for my liking a crop would sort this out- well done on the capture though I see a lot of Foxes doing the job I do shy elusive for most of the time

as for the weight of the lens DSLR combo, buy yourself a mono-pod :exit:

Les ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Yv's comment was about the size of the picture as posted rather than the absence of trees - on the machines I've seen the pic on, it's shorter on the long side than the words beside it.

From what I can see, it looks a pleasant enough pic of a fox in the meadow.

Back