Fozzy's 52

andy_fozzy

SPAM Merchant
Name
Andy!
Edit My Images
Yes
:D

To take one nice shot of the sky, from my back garden each week for a year :wacky:

Just a thought I had after taking the shot below this evening.
Click for a bigger version)

Gotta be honest, not really sure what the reason behind this daft idea is :LOL::LOL: :nuts:
But it just sprung into my mind, as I have a few nice back garden sky shots that I love.

There's a set on my flickr now dedicated to this well, challenge!!!!
Feel free to check it out HERE.

Feel free to have a gander, or feel free to tell me I'M BONKERS!

Last edited:
Your bonkers :D

Na, sorry, go for it. Should make for interesting viewing after you have completed. Do you plan on taking each shot from the same position in your garden? and what about when you go on holiday? You could setup a webcam to capture the shot whilst you are away ;)

Anyway good luck Andy, look forward to your 52 back garden sky shot as it progresses

:D

:bonk:

Not sure what will happen then, tbh. Didn't think about that!!
I'll probably just do like two in a week to make up for it!!!!

And I'll try to make it as interesting as possible, by using as many different locations, times etc as I can.

A slightly different challenge, but should be good fun nonetheless!!

I'll be keeping an eye on this. I'd love to get some really nice sky shots.

Any tips on how best to go about it / camera settings etc?

Cheers Sarah.
I love sky shots, and it's something I really want to progress on, hence the new challenge!!

My advice (for what it's worth!).......
HDR. It's a Marmite thing. People either love or hate it. As you can tell, I love it!!! But HDR really can make a sky look so dramatic.
You can just tweak a few settings, just to highlight some detail in the sky, or you can really overcook it. Sometimes a bit too much, as I have done on purpose on a few shots.
Overcooking is ok, but it can ruin a shot.

A dramatic and interesting sky can make a boring, dull, un-interesting shot look 100 times better, which hopefully over the coming weeks and months I'll be able to prove!!! ('Cos my garden sure is boring, dull and un-interesting :LOL: )

Great idea Andy... love that first shot, very dramatic sky...

Thanks John.

Ok my 52 started late, so I've got some catching up to do!!

And I couldn't resist this one:

My advice (for what it's worth!).......
HDR. It's a Marmite thing. People either love or hate it. As you can tell, I love it!!! But HDR really can make a sky look so dramatic.
You can just tweak a few settings, just to highlight some detail in the sky, or you can really overcook it. Sometimes a bit too much, as I have done on purpose on a few shots.
Overcooking is ok, but it can ruin a shot.

A dramatic and interesting sky can make a boring, dull, un-interesting shot look 100 times better, which hopefully over the coming weeks and months I'll be able to prove!!! ('Cos my garden sure is boring, dull and un-interesting :LOL: )

I guess I'd better start learning about HDR then.

Andy that is far to easy, let me think of a twist......erm........no......wait..no............ahhh...got it. Right a photo of the sky but with the same lens. 52 shots one lens. ;)
Nice idea and you won't get two shots the same unless it is just blue or grey, that is a tough challenge you've taken on there Mate looking forward to seeing you pull it off, nice start btw. ;)

Might just take you up on that offer Alb!!

This weeks shot.
I want to do a different shot each week, from a different angle, different perspective etc.
How's this one:

(Click for bigger)

Wow, down in the dirt with that one Andy... Good stuff

ok... if not a 365, how about a 730... one in the morning, one in the evening :D... always using the same lens as Alby suggested.

The pushchair shot is the pic of the bunch for me, great perspective.

Back