Framed Gorse

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Another experiment (don't ya luv 'em), this time in natural framing. The subject ... Gorse

Framed_Gorse.jpg

Uncropped but a minor adjustment to saturation to give a tad more depth. Does it work?

All C+C welcomed as usual ;)

Gary

I think one of the biggest issues here is the sky, on my monitor it appears blown completely?

Lots and lots of foreground too :)

As a shot it doesn't really do anything for me but I can definitely see how shots such as this could prove beneficial towards better compositions & framing - it's a great idea to look for shots such as this to keep yourself thinking more about the different elements that make up a decent photograph. Well done for that, looking forward to seeing some imaginative framing on some different shots (y)

(The sky looks ok here - aside from some purple creeping in in the top left & centre where the saturation looks to have been pushed a bit too much.)

Many thanks for the comments. I wanted to practise the natural framing so the subject matter wasn't really of major issue at this point although the colour blending did have limited appeal with the dark greens and bright yellows mingling behind the drabness of the leafless saplings (pictures do paint a thousand words lol). The central tree couldn't really make a subject as it is way too low behind the ridge and no way to move to a better position but I feel adds to the framing. I could have brought the sky out more but didn't want it to take priority over the subject.

Now I've just rambled on, I've thought about it and realise that a good picture should need no explanation ...

Gary :)
(constantly learning)

I'm not sure what a Gorse is, but I'm guessing (and hoping!) it the bit on the horizon. If so, here is my take on it, still using a lot of your framing, but getting rid of the distracting stuff. Does it improve it for you or not?

Framed_Gorse.jpg

Lol, thanks Craig, the gorse is the yellow plant that dominates the bank but yeah, I doo like your crop ;)

Back