Framless exhibition prints

Name
Russ
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys, question for those of you who exhibit.

I am thinking of putting on a display/small exhibition of work at a local cafe, with the idea of maybee trying to sell some images. It's a big risk financially, i don't mind the cost of printing the images but framing them for display will cost a fortune, have any of you come up with a novel, but proffesionally acceptable way of displaying images without the expense of framing them?

Cheers

Russ

dont use crap cheap frames it will make your work look substandard, good framing and mounting will help sell prints and also protect them.

I made my own panels, very similar to Loxley "Gallery Print" product but without the huge price tag. Helps make it cost effective if you're building several rather than just one as lots of the outlay is for stuff that you can use again and again.

When I did them I had it in mind as being just a display mechanism but visitors to my exhibition liked them so much I ended up needing to make panels for prints I sold. I've since made a few for others' photos too.

9mm MDF
Matt black primer aerosol
Batten
3M Display Mount permanent adhesive
Picture hooks and picture cord

Not a quick job and best done outside but good results are achievable. If you do enough to use a sheet of MDF the unit cost turns in at about £8 and appx 30-40 mins per panel. Don't skimp on unbranded products (ie use genuine 3M spray) and get your prints first so you can count and measure what you need. Getting the guys at B&Q to cut the panels to size was my biggest coup: quick and perfectly straight edges for about £3 above the cost of the panel.

I'll dig out some photos later if I remember.

I made my own panels, very similar to Loxley "Gallery Print" product but without the huge price tag. Helps make it cost effective if you're building several rather than just one as lots of the outlay is for stuff that you can use again and again.

When I did them I had it in mind as being just a display mechanism but visitors to my exhibition liked them so much I ended up needing to make panels for prints I sold. I've since made a few for others' photos too.

9mm MDF
Matt black primer aerosol
Batten
3M Display Mount permanent adhesive
Picture hooks and picture cord

Not a quick job and best done outside but good results are achievable. If you do enough to use a sheet of MDF the unit cost turns in at about £8 and appx 30-40 mins per panel. Don't skimp on unbranded products (ie use genuine 3M spray) and get your prints first so you can count and measure what you need. Getting the guys at B&Q to cut the panels to size was my biggest coup: quick and perfectly straight edges for about £3 above the cost of the panel.

I'll dig out some photos later if I remember.

Cheers fir that, sounds like an interesting way of doing it, would love to see some pics if you get the time.

Many Thanks

Russ

I sell my photos off the walls of pubs and cafes, I also print and frame other photographers' stuff for them to do the same (I have a picture framing business.) I can work out a price for you to get your stuff printed and in frames that will allow you about a 100% profit margin. I am in Dewsbury so pretty much on your doorstep.

Back