France: Architectural Mixed Bag.

jST

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

A few more from a recent trip to France, these were taken in the charming Garrigue town of Uzes on a pretty gloomy day, hence the B&W.

Entrance sequence.

IMG_8166.jpg

IMG_8102.jpg

IMG_8169.jpg

IMG_8155.jpg

A couple of others from a very brief visit to an abandoned TB Asylum on the outskirts of Paris on the way back to the ferry.

IMG_8300.jpg

IMG_8297.jpg

J.​

The B&W sequence is superb for me. Love the DOF on the door knocker. My only criticism would be that the shadows look too blocked on #1. If you could lift them slightly, particularly in the road, it would make a more compelling image. Interesting, because I took a similar shot in Girona last year, with the same problem. I'll post it later, for fun & comparison.

3 and 4 are my favourites by a mile out of all of these. The shadows on the first one are just too numerous my eyes struggle to find something to look at immediately, which is usually not a great indicator for me sadly! The door knocker picture is great and proves that a simple yet strange subject will always give a nice image.

Strangely, have you tried flipping 4 to the left by 90 degrees? Looks like a crawl space at that angle out of a horror film :D

Love the monochromes, very moody, sharp and evocative, particularly the last of the monos.mlaikenthe last club image too, it has a nice cross processed colour feel. Fantastic location as well.

Back