Free Motorhome Trip in return for images

Name
luke bennett
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Not sure if this is in the correct section or should be in the business section but I am looking for up to few professional landscape photographers that would be interested in a free no strings attached motorhome holiday.

I started a motorhome hire business in March and have since had a good success and looking to up the level of the business. At present we have 3 motorhomes and looking to get to 6 by March 2018 for next years season.

With a new website being built I am looking to get some images of the motorhome for the website but don't want to use stock images as every motorhome site seems to have the same so my concept is to find a pro that would enjoy a trip away with the family or use it for work and in return have some amazing images of the motorhome in some great locations of the photographers choice.

No strings or hidden fees we genuinely want some great images to use for our website and would be more than happy for a someone to use the motorhome as long as they have less than 4 points on their licence and no convictions in the last 5 years.

Please drop me an email if you are interested
luke@newmarque.co.uk

The motorhomes we would have available at the moment would be:
https://www.rollerteammotorhomes.co.uk/motorhomes/zefiro/696 5 berth 2017 Rollerteam Zefiro 696

or

https://www.rollerteammotorhomes.co.uk/motorhomes/t-line/590 2 berth 2017 Rollerteam T-line 590

Thanks in advance
Luke
https://www.facebook.com/NewMarqueMotorHomes/

Personally I'm very interested but I'm not a pro just vlogger.

Likewise no pro but very interested.
Please see my signature for links to my work.

As for driver requirements, I assume for vehicles over 3.5t you'd require a driver with advanced licenses? I ask because if you were to select myself, it would be my ol' man who be designated driver (C+E license holder)

Would you want exclusive rights to the images or would the photographer also be able to use them as they see fit?

Hi all thank you for your emails and to answer a few questions, All our motorhomes can be driven on a standard licence as they are just under 3.5 tonnes.

If anyone that's interested can email me with a link to their website and Mr Drizz a link to your youtube channel as we would be interested in someone with video blogging skills as this could make some great content.

With regards to the images, we would like to have exclusive rights to the images only because we are going to have the motorhomes decals in our company colours and wouldn't want other motorhome companies using our images. We would be happy for any of the content to be published on your website or portfolio.

Hi all thank you for your emails and to answer a few questions, All our motorhomes can be driven on a standard licence as they are just under 3.5 tonnes.

If anyone that's interested can email me with a link to their website and Mr Drizz a link to your youtube channel as we would be interested in someone with video blogging skills as this could make some great content.

With regards to the images, we would like to have exclusive rights to the images only because we are going to have the motorhomes decals in our company colours and wouldn't want other motorhome companies using our images. We would be happy for any of the content to be published on your website or portfolio.

I'm not sure how many professionals or skilled amateurs would take you up on this Luke - would the photographer not end up out of pocket with fuel and the expenses of travelling to you, and if you can't make money (or have competition success) on the images you have to question what benefit there is for the photographer, other than the free accommodation. Just my thoughts, others may view it differently

I take your comment on board Scirocco and to be honest you may be right but I was thinking if someone was going to the lake district, for example, to do their own photography they could do this while staying in the motorhome and then getting some shots of the motorhome at the same time

Maybe im being neive as i dont know whats involved and havent set anything in stone as of yet so if someone said they would do it but only if they can sell the images we would take this on board and discuss, nothing is out of the questions as this is something we have never done before.

I'm not sure how many professionals or skilled amateurs would take you up on this Luke - would the photographer not end up out of pocket with fuel and the expenses of travelling to you, and if you can't make money (or have competition success) on the images you have to question what benefit there is for the photographer, other than the free accommodation. Just my thoughts, others may view it differently
I see what your saying but you have to consider the cost of hiring the motorhome, would that cost equal the price someone would charge for image usage rights and their time. While I really like the idea it's impractical for me as Luke is based in cambridge.

Looks like a fabulous win-win situation for a photographer and family

Can't see a down side to it at all

Get the use of a motorhome to visit a great location and take some company pictures plus your own without the motorhome in it all for free

Might even get Thomas Heaton himself interested in that. He did it with a VW Caravelle a while back.

Shame you're Cambridge based - could have been tempted to do a mini tour as day trips round the SW.

on average £700 - £1000 for a weeks hire in a motorhome is pretty standard plus the extra a lot of companies would charge for.

plus on another point it would be difficult for a photographer to price up a job like this yes he could meet at a certain location and pay him/her for a days service but that would then mean finding 1 location which might not be perfect and getting the motorhome there on a good day where as if someone if fitting it around their own travel they could find different locations that work better and at different times of the day.

We would also be very interested in anyone that has a YouTube following that would do a video log of there trip in a motorhome.

Thanks
Luke

thank you @MrDrizz I actually contacted Thomas Heaton before anyone else as he come up with his VW video and he is about to have his own camper van so isnt for him at this time.

I will make contact with Simon and Adam thank you very much for the links

Pretty sure Adam would be interested in this. Maybe Gary Gough too

I've just spoken to Luke and registered my interest for a few days in Norfolk once my Weddings ease off a bit

As I was actually considering hiring one of these things to try 'camping' with a roof I see it as an opportunity to go shoot a new area of the UK for me, shoot a load of images, and try out a motorhome all for the cost of fuel - so for me its a win-win

I appreciate it won't suit everyone, so if you didn't really fancy it as an adventure then don't bother registering your interest is how I see it :)

Dave

Why don't you pay someone to do it properly? :popcorn:

If you're not interested then can I suggest you take your popcorn and move on.

Clearly there is some interest here and what's wrong with some good old bartering. If I was in the OPs area I would most certainly be expressing an interest.

Why don't you pay someone to do it properly? :popcorn:

In many ways they are they are giving the hire of the Motorhome as payment for the images.

I'm not a professional but I would love to do something like this, as A it get to build on my experience and B get to go somewhere different.

I understand some pros would prefer to be paid to do the job but as Luke has said its the unknown factor of the weather that makes this difficult as photos of Motorhomes on rainy days won't do much to help the sale of hires!

I have had a couple of pros have ago at me in the past as I provide my services free for a charity event I do every year, my reason for doing this is I am already taking part in the event (a mini car run as part of my other hobby) I enjoy doing it and every penny of profit form the sale of the photo books goes straight the the charity.

im not a landscape person but id give it a bash id be more than happy to tour scotland in it for a week lol

Clearly there is some interest here and what's wrong with some good old bartering. If I was in the OPs area I would most certainly be expressing an interest.

Totes :agree: - beat me to it

Dave

Funny in the real world people pay for things with actual money.:D

What a great idea.
I hope this is a success.
It shows initiative and skills in getting a deal for both if it works out.

Good luck.

That does happen sometimes tis true - but

I could hire the van for £1,000, which would involve paying VAT and him paying Corp Tax and personal taxation etc.

He could hire me and then I'd pay tax on that

Or we can just swap van for skills and save the taxman having to work it all out, so we're aiming to help the govt - simples - I like simples :D

Dave

Hi @f/2.8 could you send me a quote please for your services which would include the following:

• 10 images of our motorhome with a sunset and sunrise on a sunny day with different backgrounds around the UK
  • Not a rainy day
  • more than 1 location
  • collect the motorhome and return it
  • and if possible vlog your journey and experiance
If that's easy enough to quote for please do let me know?

:)

Not always. In the real world people have bartered for 100's of years and it's worked perfectly well as long as each party has something the other wants.
Money was only introduced because not everybody wanted to trade a pig for their beans.

@luke123 I'm definitely interested. I've sent you an email with a few questions.

Even if I'm not 'chosen' ;) I think it's a good opportunity for someone do a low cost photography trip.

@luke123 I'm definitely interested. I've sent you an email with a few questions.

Even if I'm not 'chosen' ;) I think it's a good opportunity for someone do a low cost photography trip.

Hi @ABTog thank you for your email i have replied answering your questions as best as possible :)

Hi @f/2.8 could you send me a quote please for your services which would include the following:

• 10 images of our motorhome with a sunset and sunrise on a sunny day with different backgrounds around the UK
  • Not a rainy day
  • more than 1 location
  • collect the motorhome and return it
  • and if possible vlog your journey and experiance
If that's easy enough to quote for please do let me know?

:)

Well, yup, that'd be pretty easy to do, which is presumably why you haven't put out a tender for a properly costed project; mainly because the fees for full commercial usage and the associated expenses would be north of £5,000.

I'd be interested for sure! I'm always out and about shooting landscapes! Here is one of mine from Scotland this week....36467815615_f441ef032c_o.jpg

Inbox me if you are interested

I'll throw my name in the hat as well @luke123, sounds like a fair deal to me. Not too sure I could guarantee 10 sunrises or sunsets though!

I'm actually heading somewhere at the weekend for a week - probably touring around the highlands and possibly Lewis and Harris. Then a family trip at the end of August, probably to Glencoe and Perth areas.

Dan

Hi All
Just an update and a thank you to everyone that's taken the time to email me.

So far we have @Merc & @blondie606 lined up. both emailed me with such amazing enthusiasm and some really great ideas!

I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

But please if anyone else is interested in motorhomes or the idea and has some great ideas please still get in touch.
I am going to focus my attention on getting somebody that has a Youtube following for a Vlog trip in the motorhome

Thanks to everyone

I hired a motorhome for 2 weeks.. cost me two thousand pounds.... to me this looks like a great deal to anyone interested and I bet theres a que of people offering :)

Reactions: Nod
I hired a motorhome for 2 weeks.. cost me two thousand pounds.... to me this looks like a great deal to anyone interested and I bet theres a que of people offering :)
I agree with this, we hired a motorhome in NZ and it was the best part of £2000 for 10 nights. I'd love to do this, and i am based in the lake district too but i'm pre-occupied with a lot of work at the moment until the end of the school holidays, and then i emigrate to New Zealand at the end of September. If you decide to extend your business to NZ, then i'm your man ;). Otherwise, this is a fantastic opportunity for somebody to get a nice holiday in exchange for some photographs.

Good luck.

Back