Free Panorama.

I'm not sure I've got a room with enough wall space for this image. Well done.

Very nicely stitched well done. Very nice foliage tones

For me the gem in this image is the range of foliage tones and I would really like to see more of that.

great one, it reminded me of the 367deg i did of new york atop of the empire state building, i top it with a P&S and took ages to PP it due to perspectives, its not perfect but it looks interesting enough, beware its 50mb

15,000 px version here

just realised i hijacked your thread if you want pm me and ill remove it

Can you resize the picture shown in the thread please. Normal pictures we allow up to 800 pixels wide and panoramics up to 1000 - but yours is 1200 pixel wide.

thanks

I'm not sure I've got a room with enough wall space for this image. Well done.

You could wrap it around 2 or 3 walls... :D

Very nicely stitched well done. Very nice foliage tones

For me the gem in this image is the range of foliage tones and I would really like to see more of that.

Thanks. I'll post some helicopter shots (single images) from the same day that I think are just amazing for the same reasons.

great one, it reminded me of the 367deg i did of new york atop of the empire state building, i top it with a P&S and took ages to PP it due to perspectives, its not perfect but it looks interesting enough, beware its 50mb

15,000 px version here

just realised i hijacked your thread if you want pm me and ill remove it

It was only 7.6 megs. :D Nice cityscape too! Thanks! And you didn't hijack anything! It's all good! I'm too old to be the nervous type. ;)

Can you resize the picture shown in the thread please. Normal pictures we allow up to 800 pixels wide and panoramics up to 1000 - but yours is 1200 pixel wide.

thanks

Sure, I will. But can I say that 1K is a pretty limiting size for panoramas. I would think 1600 or so if there was to be a limit. I read the rules about 800 & 1000 but then noticed about 20% ~ 25% of the users here didn't follow them. I thought to myself: Oh good! They aren't too strict and the "rules" and are just there to be used when some kid starts posting unscaled images @ 4K :)lol:) - or exist more as a general guideline.

Are you a moderator here? Am I wrong in this assumption - about the rules?

Last edited:
It was only 7.6 megs. :D Nice cityscape too! Thanks! And you didn't hijack anything! It's all good! I'm too old to be the nervous type. ;)

ahh that must be when its open or i have uploaded a smaller version, it was so long ago id forgot! :wacky:

So who are the mods on this site?

I asked RobertP but he doesn't answer.

Does anyone know?

I can only answer when I'm online :)

You have a PM.

This thread answers your question about the site staff and has just been updated with recent changes.

As to panorama sizes - I agree they look better bigger which is why most people do what you did and include a link to a larger version off site.
We can only read so many threads. If we see oversize images then we either change them to links or ask the poster to resize. There are lots of threads we do not see and rely on members to report problems. Each post has a report icon
report.gif
which can be used to tell staff if something needs attention.

I can only answer when I'm online :)

You have a PM.

This thread answers your question about the site staff and has just been updated with recent changes.

As to panorama sizes - I agree they look better bigger which is why most people do what you did and include a link to a larger version off site.
We can only read so many threads. If we see oversize images then we either change them to links or ask the poster to resize. There are lots of threads we do not see and rely on members to report problems. Each post has a report icon
report.gif
which can be used to tell staff if something needs attention.

Ah, thanks... I was looking for that link! Thanks!

I won't snitch on oversized images th0. I like them. :D Photo-rebels! YEAH!! hehehe... Of course I can understand abut beginners doing the 4K unscaled thing but I've found about 1200 to 1300 for singles and 1600 or so for pans to be very comfortable. This site has a great solution imo:

http://forums.macnn.com/89/macnn-lounge/337252/photo-critique-thread-jpeg/22/#post3727706

It's not really a photo forum but the in-line zooming is an awesome way to automatically deal with oversized images! It sure would save you guys allot of time asking people to resize their images if nothing else. ;)

Last edited:
The size limit was voted for by the members not imposed on them so you will not be snitching :)

This being a photography forum people want the best presentation of their images and clumsy resizing by a server (rather than careful processing for the presented size by the thread poster) can spoil the quality. We have looked at other options and dismissed them on quality grounds and/or difficult to implement.

If you want to discuss forum matters further then do so in the forum discussion section.... this part is for pictures so lets leave this matter now.

The size limit was voted for by the members not imposed on them so you will not be snitching :)

This being a photography forum people want the best presentation of their images and clumsy resizing by a server (rather than careful processing for the presented size by the thread poster) can spoil the quality. We have looked at other options and dismissed them on quality grounds and/or difficult to implement.

If you want to discuss forum matters further then do so in the forum discussion section.... this part is for pictures so lets leave this matter now.

Huh? In my own thread? The rules even say I can take things OT a little in my own threads.

OK, well this is a great opportunity for me to duck out before I've invested much time here. You can delete my account if you'd like or just leave it as is but I'm gone.

Bossy mods are not something I want to deal with. There's enough fascism in the world without having my sentences in a good natured discussion controlled.

Bye.

Huh? In my own thread? The rules even say I can take things OT a little in my own threads.

OK, well this is a great opportunity for me to duck out before I've invested much time here. You can delete my account if you'd like or just leave it as is but I'm gone.

Bossy mods are not something I want to deal with. There's enough fascism in the world without having my sentences in a good natured discussion controlled.

Bye.

wow. bossy mods??? here??????? Look, this is the photo sharing forum, we have another forum for talking about the rules and image sizes, your thread here gets diluted by small talk, its not bossy, its tidy

Bye.

Unbelievable! :shake:

Strange reaction. Silly me thinking it might be better to get back to discussing a picture in the picture sharing forum.....

Should you return to check the thread - we do not delete accounts. If you no longer wish to be part of TP simply stop visiting. You are welcome to resume here at a later date if you change your mind.

Bye.

Hahahaha, how wrong can one be :D

Mate, you have just shot yourself in the foot with a BFG. Say bye bye to your leg :D

This place is UBER FRIENDLY, and the "Bosses"? Where are they?

Oh, and I really want to see that photo now!

I missed it too, looks like it was getting good crit as well. I've seen a fair few people flounce purely because of file size restrictions, not just here but on other photography forums as well. I would imagine most people would find 1600 pixel images difficult to view myself but...........*sigh*

I missed it too, looks like it was getting good crit as well. I've seen a fair few people flounce purely because of file size restrictions, not just here but on other photography forums as well. I would imagine most people would find 1600 pixel images difficult to view myself but...........*sigh*

You have to learn to live with it, I would love 1,000 max, but tough titties I guess :D

This posters reaction is laughable though :D

Gary.

You have to learn to live with it, I would love 1,000 max, but tough titties I guess :D

This posters reaction is laughable though :D

Gary.

That's what i meant, can't understand why people get upset because they can't post massive pics when most people wouldn't be able to view them anyway. Given that they were getting good reactions from the other users, the OP's reaction was a joke. :bang:

And we're so short of members here, we can't afford to lose people like that! :nuts:

tbh i really thought he was joking, ahh well his loss....

There was a link to a larger version in the original post. I looked at it so it is in my browser history here it is until the OP removes it from their webspace.

not even wearing my black shirt today...most confusing.

Back