Free stuff from Tesco

RobertP

TPer Emeritus
Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
I read about this and kind of forgot about it, but today I got to try it and it works.

At the service desk in Tesco is a big notice. At the bottom it says 'if we charge you more than the marked price we will refund you in full and you keep the item.
If the shelf label OR price sticker are less than the till you can get it free. (ie if they are different) People have been using this to get free TV's...joints of meat... you name it.

I can't be bothered to look for such things. This morning I went in to get a sandwich and was tempted by the buy 6 get 6 free sign on the yoghurts. No discount apart from -20p came up on the bill. Went to desk said I want a refund and keep the goods as I have been overcharged as per the sign. (read you have to ask or they just give you a correction amount back).
No argument - money back and I didn't get the 20p taken off... so they paid me 20p to take away 12 yoghurts :)

Happy hunting.

ROFL at the paying you 20p to take their yogurt, well done, personally I probably wouldnt have the b***s to ask:clap:

Plus if you have a clubcard you'll have got yourself at least another penny on that too............lol

Trouble is, you have to buy the thing to find out if it's less at the till or not!
not advised if it's a £500 telly (unless you were going to buy it anyway :) )

Steep said:
Trouble is, you have to buy the thing to find out if it's less at the till or not!
not advised if it's a £500 telly (unless you were going to buy it anyway :) )

erm,, you dont have to, you can ask for a price confirmation ( as you cant see it anywhere;) )

take it to customer services or even an empty till ( i know , there never is one ) , get em to swipe it and tell you how much it is

this works in any store,

i got a Dremmel for half price, ( £34.99 rather than £69.99 ) it was marked up wrong, took it to the till, they swiped it, confirmed it was the amount ( wrong one ) so i bought it for half the normal price, lol, went back a few days later and the ticket had been changed, i wonder how many it took b4 they realised, lol

MyPix

Back