Free Web Templates

Edit My Images
Yes
Been having a browse and some Free website templates and came across http://www.yestemplates.com/

Some nice looking templates here which would suit son in laws future venture into business for himself.
I've had a look at the Faq's , About Us on the template site and see nothing mentioned about the copyright rights to the images used on these templates, neither is there any readme docs downloaded with the zip file stating where the images can be bought from.

Just wondering what you guys think, would it be safe to use some these images as long as they are being used with the template they came with?

Free templates fall under 'free to use' license meaning you can do what you like with that template but not to resell that template. A creative license, I'll look tomorrow for more of a reply to this. (currently on phone)

If there is nothing to say you can not use the images I wouldn't worry about it. But if you do download a template it may have a file such as a 'read me'. Download one and find out.

Edit: it says on their FAQs you can do what you want.

Last edited:
Free templates fall under 'free to use' license meaning you can do what you like with that template but not to resell that template. A creative license, I'll look tomorrow for more of a reply to this. (currently on phone)

If there is nothing to say you can not use the images I wouldn't worry about it. But if you do download a template it may have a file such as a 'read me'. Download one and find out.

Edit: it says on their FAQs you can do what you want.

Thanks Lee, I have downloaded one and there is not a readme file anywhere to be found, no links back to the Free web template code either. Have no intention of selling it on, just putting a website together for my son in law for free. There is a web template here that fit's the bill just nicely and would save me a mountain of work rather than starting from scratch :)

I wouldn't worry to much then. And yes it's always best to build a site if your unsure by using another template.

Happy building :)

Back