Free Your Mind...

Edit My Images
Yes
free-your-mind-200k.jpg

The sign is for some sort of concert from a while ago and continues on another fence to list venues and artists etc. Left the rest of it out to give it a different purpose and waited for the chap to come along. Took on with a guy walking the other way, but it wasn't as good for me as he is leaving the shot with the arrow pointing at his backside. I guess that sort of works in that the arrow points to his 'ass' but this version feels stronger to me as I like the fact that the arrow points to the chap who then is walking back into the shot, along with his shadow, which I like, which is why I didn't crop tighter.

Do you 'like' it? Does it come across as funny for you? Does it come across as just a snap of someone else's street art, or does the fact that only half the shot has been used to change it's meaning and the introduction of the chap make it my own? I feel that it does, but would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Have had a look at this three or four times now.....and was hoping someone else might pitch in first tbh

Personally I'd prefer your other train of thought and have somebody leaving the frame,a leggy female would be my choice :naughty:
Perhaps even cropping so there's only a glimpse of the person,which would add a little intrigue maybe ?
Purely an opinion

Free Your Mind & Your Ass Will Follow is by Funkadelic, good tune, good shot too,

Last edited:
I prefer the 2nd shot with the chap walking in the direction indicated by the arrow- love it

Les :clap:

I actually like the first one; adds a touch of almost 'rebellion' by walking the wrong way.

Interesting subject though.

Ministry of silly walks hit the nail on the head with the second one!

I like them both, but the second one does rather hit the spot. Well done!

Back