Freezing film (35mm)

Edit My Images
No
I know people freeze film to freeze ;p the expiry but does putting 35mm in the freeze do anything negative to the canisters? I only really use film a couple of times a year when I go away now and with the current cost of slide film, which is my favourite, I'm going to buy a roll or two a month and store them

I know people freeze film to freeze ;p the expiry but does putting 35mm in the freeze do anything negative to the canisters? I only really use film a couple of times a year when I go away now and with the current cost of slide film, which is my favourite, I'm going to buy a roll or two a month and store them
The canisters are bombproof lol

Wack em in a plastic food bag, then ideally inside a plastic food container though just in the bags would suffice.

When removing them from freezer , leave the films in their respective bags etc until they have returned to an ambiant temperature.

I don’t bother freezing film anymore, I simply fridge it …… still lasts forever !

Edited to add a blithering idiot comment :

Based on the above info, perhaps I could do to refrigerate myself :LOL:

Last edited:
The canisters are bombproof lol

Wack em in a plastic food bag, then ideally inside a plastic food container though just in the bags would suffice.

When removing them from freezer , leave the films in their respective bags etc until they have returned to an ambiant temperature.

I don’t bother freezing film anymore, I simply fridge it …… still lasts forever !

Edited to add a blithering idiot comment :

Based on the above info, perhaps I could do to refrigerate myself :LOL:
Nice one :)

Back