French Bulldog Puppy in the woods

Edit My Images
Yes
To carry on from pics of him at the beach the other week.

5117446069_ba231c481f_z.jpg

5117450599_c39a76f6eb_z.jpg

Last edited:
I'm really liking how you've developed your own style of woofer shots. I'm pretty confident that if I saw these without the watermark I'd still know who had took them.

I prefer the first shot - being picky it is a shame you've clipped the ear but I love the pose, DOF and the colours. Wondering if it would have worked better in landscape :thinking:

Not so keen on the sky / BG in the second shot - all that brightness is drawing my eye away from the main subject.

Why thank you :)
Yes, so gutted that I clipped his ear! It was a hard shoot as we were working with almost no sunlight that day, dull day, in deep forrest/woods and it's one of the select few pics from that day where shutter speeds hit high enough to have a decent picture!
Re: Landscape, I seem to have an almost inability to shoot landscape! I need to literally force myself to turn the camera round the 'proper' way, it's something I've been trying to combat for absolute months and you're right I think it woulda looked better in Landscape too!

Fair enough comment re: second picture!

I really like them, looks like a right little character! We've just got a pug puppy and you've inspired me to get outside with him.

Clipping the ear isn't terminal... if you don't mind cheating a little! ;) This was just a quick fix but I'm sure you could do better with a little more care and time:

TPdog.jpg

I really like them, looks like a right little character! We've just got a pug puppy and you've inspired me to get outside with him.

Clipping the ear isn't terminal... if you don't mind cheating a little! ;) This was just a quick fix but I'm sure you could do better with a little more care and time:

TPdog.jpg

:O Howwwwwwwwwwww did you do that?? That looks perfect!! From the shoot on the beach with him he had an ear clipped, I tried fixing it - you could sooooo tell it was fake, it was all cloudy and wonky...PLease tell me what kinda work you did to get this? Brilliant!

:O Howwwwwwwwwwww did you do that??

:)

Enlarge the canvas first to make a bit of space at the right.

A little 'content aware fill' from CS5 for the background and his coat (although that's just to save time, for earlier versions of PS the clone tool would do it just as well... or better).

For the ear, a piece of it was a short section of ear copied, pasted, rotated and moved to extend it out a little towards the tip, then to finish a bit of cloning and painting with a soft brush to tidy up. Probably a lot easier than it looks! (y)

Doesn't sound that easy if you ask me! I don't have CS5 either, boo.
It just looks so un-cloned, I'll have an attempt later, gotta walk these dogs, but I don't think it'd be anywhere near as real as you've done it! Cheers for that mate!

To prove that it ain't as easy as you suggest...And to show my poor cloning skills. Here's the frame before the one earlier in the thread that I'd previously discarded because of a severly chopped ear!

5123855906_fc5b6fc50b.jpg

Back