French Canadian Church! oui

Name
Etienne
Edit My Images
Yes
Another pic from my recent trip to visit the parents in Canada. This is the village church and it's quite spangly looking one as a lot of it is clad in aluminium or something equally shiny.

The sun was quite low and I quite fancied getting a shot with the sun reflecting off it a bit but it's a lot more reflective than I anticipated lol. Those bits are a little annoying as they seem a bit blown :(

Church in Saint-Michel-de-Bellechasse by Phal44, on Flickr

The brightness of the church really stands out from the dark foreboding sky.

That works for me.

The clarity and lighting are lovely.

Pity you couldn't loose the lower left stone.

Cheers.

Hah, already managed to wrangle part of one that was in the bottom of the shot. Shopping the part over the grass would be easy enough but I don't fancy doing the part over the path and other graves.

Here are a few more shots of the church at varying times.

These are buildings that used to be for the vicar/priest or whatever they're called

St-Michel church and grounds by Phal44, on Flickr

Front of the church from the high street in St-Michel

Back and side of the church looking north with a sunset. There is a small slope there so I was able to get a bit higher.

Clear glass windows getting colour from the stained glass on the north side where the sunset is.

A fairly late shot in the evening so most of the sunset was gone. The sky has gone quite turquoise which looks odd :/ not sure I like it but if I tweak the white balance and warmth it starts to make other parts look odd.

Last edited:
Very nice set of shots of a great location, for me the first one is the strongest

Back