Frenzy

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
I've tried to convey that feeling of urban decay and the slight sense of unease which goes with it, but I'm not sure it works?

Frenzy.jpg

Taken with the 17-40L which is my least used lens. Gotta put that right.

All comments welcome - just tear me a new one! :D

Doesn't do anything for me i'm afraid. What does the colour version look like? :)

I think the ivy looks too posh although it does have a certain creeping along quality about it on closer inspection. Not enough actual decay to warrant the urban decay description though.

It was shot in mono Keri (as a jpeg)

Well I think the angles the Ivy has grown at reflects the angles of the graffiti, and that ties them together where the neatness of the ivy doesn't. Also the > shaped bit on the wall leads you in from the bottom left to the centre right and back out of the top left, so as far as composition goes; it works for me. However as a whole I'm not sure about it CT :shrug: I wonder if maybe a spot of selective colour on the graffiti would bring something extra to the shot? As you said it was shot in mono .. can you remember what colour it was, and would it be easy enough to reproduce in PS? Maybe make the colour dark and gritty?

All IMO of course, and I'm no expert, especially on this area of photography, so take what I say with a pinch of the sea stuff :LOL:

Needs a skinny naked chick with tattoos draped against the wall for that all-important human element...IMHO

:LOL: @ Rob ... will we tire of having him back already ... :cautious:

I'm just thinking how much that might have improved if it was took with the RB Cedric ... :naughty:

:p

Works for me CT as does the gritty edit by DD.

I'm with Rob on the semi-naked woman thing. Any daughters Cedric? :naughty:

:D

The ivy looks to rich for the setting, ideally it should look grungy and a place most people wouldn't go to!

Good photo though!

Ben.

i like this gritty image and the texts work perfectly for it. I do like the edit Diddy has done (although its slightly OTT imho). Nice cmposition and a great spot, well done.

Back