Freshwater West, Pembrokeshire sunset last night

buckas

Mister Forum Regular
Name
Drew
Edit My Images
No
Well my new 5D Mark III turned up on Wednesday but the sky was a bit rubbish, so headed down the coast last night to test it out.

Really lovely to use, so much nicer than the Mk2 (to be sold soon :wave:)

Anyways, some pics - can't pick between the first two, kinda edging towards the 2nd

Freshwater West Retreat by drewbuckleyphotography, on Flickr

Freshwater West Retreat II by drewbuckleyphotography, on Flickr

Freshwater West Rays by drewbuckleyphotography, on Flickr

All shot with 5D Mark III & 17-40 f4 lens, LEE CPL, LEE 0.6 Hard grad to the horizon, LEE 0.6 Soft grad over the sea

Cheers

drew

The water around the pebbles makes for a great shot with the water draining away, quite different and really liking it. Its like you placed them there on purpose...maybe you did :D

Out of the first two, the second has better foreground interest as the water is covering the whole scene whereas in the first, the bottom right corner seems a bit 'messy'. I don't think messy is the right word for it but you know what I mean.
Like them all though - would be happy if I'd taken them:)

NO 3 for me, a classical 'rule of thirds' composition that works well, but what lifts is the dappled sunlight on the FG rock.

And it's absolutely wonderful to view a 'proper' landscape image rather than the ghastly HDR's that pepper the forum.

I also like #3 with the rock in the foreground and the redness of the sky.

Although they're all fantastic.

My favourite beach! looking forward to visiting my Mum at the end of the month and getting the camera down there! Lovely photos, I can't pick between them

Lovely.

Makes me think of the Summer that we've not had (so far!).

Cheers.

Dav

Nice one bud. Can't wait to go back to the beach (hopefully early September) and practice taking some slow exposure shots.

thanks man

Lovely use of foreground, spot on exposure. Think I'm edging towards 2 as well (y)

thankyou

Out of the first two, the second has better foreground interest as the water is covering the whole scene whereas in the first, the bottom right corner seems a bit 'messy'. I don't think messy is the right word for it but you know what I mean.
Like them all though - would be happy if I'd taken them:)

thanks, yep i got ya (y)

Love the lines from the stones in 2! Nice work :)

thanks!

Amazing!! I love the third purely as it has the redness of the sun setting :)

thanks

:clap:Veeeery nice

thanks

NO 3 for me, a classical 'rule of thirds' composition that works well, but what lifts is the dappled sunlight on the FG rock.

And it's absolutely wonderful to view a 'proper' landscape image rather than the ghastly HDR's that pepper the forum.

thanks les for the kind words - echo your thoughts regards to HDR (y)

Lovely set Drew, Again No.3 for me.

thanks

very nice!

thankyou

I also like #3 with the rock in the foreground and the redness of the sky.

Although they're all fantastic.

thanks very much

My favourite beach! looking forward to visiting my Mum at the end of the month and getting the camera down there! Lovely photos, I can't pick between them

thanks, yep it's a great place - lot of subject matter to cover
Lovely.

Makes me think of the Summer that we've not had (so far!).

Cheers.

Dav

lol yeh, thanks

Number 3 is excellent - great lighting!

thank v.much

drew

Back