Friendly Robin.

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
This cheeky chap, chap-ess?, was almost within touching distance as i was filling up the feeder this morning with mealworms. It was trying to get into the feeder as the food was going in so i went and got my camera and got the following shot.

Note it is not been cropped at all he / she was about 4 or 5 feet away on top of a washing line post. I reckon with a bit of coaxing it might feed from my hand.

IMG_1009.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/mac124.../IMG_1009-1.jpg

^^ bigger pic.

This is your Robin. There are many Robins like it but that one is yours. Your Robin is your best friend. It is your life. You must master your Robin as you must master your life. Without you, your Robin is useless. Without your Robin you are useless. Treat it well and he will reward you (y)(y)
Nice shot, and yes just throw a couple of mealworms at your feet near to a perch and after a short while he will come onto your hand. :)

Lol thanks for the comments.

I think that will be my mission for next week whilst i am off work, try to get him / her to feed from my hand.

Lol thanks for the comments.

I think that will be my mission for next week whilst i am off work, try to get him / her to feed from my hand.

Great, like I say it should not take you long, I found it was best to set a chair up near to a natural branch of some kind, just let him see you put a couple down on the floor and then after a few visits hold a few flat in your hand. He will probably attempt to fly down and shoot off a couple of times before grabbing them but soon will gain your trust. Just in case you missed these.

IMG_1357800x785.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

You really know how to rub my nose in it.:shrug::D
No such thing as a friendly Robin when I am about. They all take off a jet speed.:(
One day though.:D

If the Robin is eating out of your hand; how do you take photographs?

John

You really know how to rub my nose in it.:shrug::D
No such thing as a friendly Robin when I am about. They all take off a jet speed.:(
One day though.:D
You will Charlie (y) I have a good feeling :woot::woot:
If the Robin is eating out of your hand; how do you take photographs?

John
:naughty::naughty::naughty:

Nice shot, great colour and detail, I love robins, they're my favourite garden bird and one of the most friendly (whenever the robin sees me with the camera, he starts posing lol) :)

Back