Friendly Robin

Edit My Images
Yes
This is the same robin that Steve got a picture of in his thread. It was less than a foot away from me at one point, it was around 3ft away from us in this shot.

Not too sure about the background on this, not sure if it works or not with it being so bright.

Shot in manual, at ISO 200, f/5.6, shutter speed 1/160 using spot metering.

Adjusted the exposure a bit in lightroom to compensate for underexposing whilst using spot metering, levels, curves, boosted the red saturation a little, high pass sharpen at 4.5 on hard light.

robin.jpg

not to sure on the light bg mate but thats prob just my taste..
looks a nice little shot imo.. did any of you see any proper wild animals:naughty:

Ohh I like this one. The light background really sets the robin off, if I have any critique it is that he is a bit too central.

Thanks Renee and Dave.

The bright background is a result of me spot metering, which part of the frame would you say the robin would be best sat in?

If it were my shot I'd move it so there was a little less space on the left.... But I know how you are loathe to crop ;)

Oh I'm not opposed to cropping so long as theres a need to crop. I'll give it a crop and have a look at it :)

Thanks Sherlock :)

He was certainly a friendly little chap Matt.

I love the way you've brought out the texture in his feathers! It's a great shot, I just wish his tail were in focus :(

Its the high pass sharpen that does it (the texture), works miracles that does as long as you don't oversharpen with it ;) The tail not being in focus is due to my depth of field at the wide open aperture.

Nice shot Matt :clap:

Looks like it is just about to burst into song

Think it may look a tad better if you tried to tidy the top of the log up a bit

Thankyou :) I'll have a look at that log sometime tomorrow I think.

He was certainly a friendly little chap Matt.

He was, never been that close to a robin before :)

I like it! Though I do agree about trying to clear some of that poop up if you can :LOL:

I need to put some grated cheese out... our Robins are steering clear of our feeders at the moment. You were lucky to get so close :love:

Back