Friends Portraits

Edit My Images
Yes
Here are a few shots from a session with some friends last weekend, any comments gratefully received

Jones_1.jpg

Jones_2.jpg

Jones_3.jpg

Jones_4.jpg

second part to follow...

they are great how do you do the background.

not keen on 6 he looks a bit glum

love 7

number1 is bit messy little boy with the power ranger not playing today ha ha

Lighting is very harsh in several of them, your focus is out on a few and the expressions on some of the faces leaves some room for manouver, but that said they could be a lot worse

Focus on number 2 isn't on the child face.
White Balance on 3 is not correct.

Generally the contrast and exposure has been pushed too far (IMO).

Focus on number 2 isn't on the child face.
White Balance on 3 is not correct.

Generally the contrast and exposure has been pushed to far (IMO).

I think this is a function of being resized (quickly) using Microsoft Office Picture Manager the full size images look a lot better, but as they are 2903*4254 pixels I could not upload them.

Chris

Gotta agree with the other 2. You've gone for a high key look but at the expense of detail in the images. A lot are blown out, over-exposed. The contrast on 5 is very harsh. No.4 makes them look like a scary couple that I wouldn't let near kids. They're also quite soft.

I think this is a function of being resized (quickly) using Microsoft Office Picture Manager the full size images look a lot better, but as they are 2903*4254 pixels I could not upload them.

Chris

Ew god don't use that. What did you use to edit the photos? Get Photoshop or at least Paint Shop Pro and use that.

Right I have resized three of them in CS3

Hopefully there will be a big difference.

Print_8_by_12-8.jpg

Print_8_by_12-14.jpg

Print_8_by_12-12.jpg

Chris

The first 2 are sharper but the 3rd is still quite soft. What lens did you use?

Back