Friends Wedding - 2nd Wedding & Last One!

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
No
Heres a few from a friends wedding.

Its my 2nd Wedding and will be my my last one.

Great Couple, Very Helpful. But Weddings are not for me. Too Stressful.

1:
8528544465_801e482569_c.jpg

2:
8529656226_b52baf3710_c.jpg

3:
8529656092_ca29d0853b_c.jpg

4:
8528544107_6a2e8d481c_c.jpg

5:
8528544053_6ac8685144_c.jpg

6:
8529655812_0224312023_c.jpg

Excellent!!

Very good lighting and you really captured those special moments perfectly!!

No.4 is the only one I would say needed a bit of rotating a few degrees clockwise, but otherwise really well done!!!

:)

shame your last as they look bloody good to me!

@Phil-T Thanks for commenting. Well spotted on #4 I completely missed that :(

@Lynton Kind words mate thanks, Its just a bit too stressful for me.

No.4 is the only one I would say needed a bit of rotating a few degrees clockwise, but otherwise really well done!!!

Sorry - going to have to disagree there. (and I am a stickler for horizontals), however, it is clear in this case that tog not square to the wall so therefore would expect lines not to be level...

Sorry - going to have to disagree there. (and I am a stickler for horizontals), however, it is clear in this case that tog not square to the wall so therefore would expect lines not to be level...

On second thoughts, you are absolutely correct, I tried a slight rotation quickly and it's fine as-is, my personal taste would be 0.5 degrees clockwise to just get the central window upright as that is my own reference point, but that's nitpicking, the actual shot is excellent...

Last edited:
Shame you don't want to photograph any more weddings. They definitely get easier the more you do in some regards :p

I think you've done a fantastic job of photographing this wedding and should definitely consider photograph people more often even if not weddings.

[QUOTE ..... Heres a few from a friends wedding.

Its my 2nd Wedding and will be my my last one.

Great Couple, Very Helpful. But Weddings are not for me. Too Stressful.

QUOTE]

Thats why we charge good money to do them hope you got well paid like the images :D

All the best

Last edited:
Brilliant. I love the way the lighting reflects off the floor in the last one.

@Lynton & Phil T - Come on Guys make your minds up ;)

@J4mie_P - Thanks Jamie, I do love photographing people in general, Portraiture is my usual thing.

@Higgy - Thanks Ben. That was luck more than judgement I must confess :)

@Ajax_Andy - Thanks for the kind words Andy. I did 2nd shoot for a bit. Unpaid and definitely less stressful. Problem is though its usually unpaid. I completely agree with the fact though they get easier. This was my 5th Full Wedding. So I feel comfortable and don't struggle to get the pictures, its just quite intense and stressful with all thats going on.

@Lynton & Phil T - Come on Guys make your minds up ;)

@J4mie_P - Thanks Jamie, I do love photographing people in general, Portraiture is my usual thing.

@Higgy - Thanks Ben. That was luck more than judgement I must confess :)

@Ajax_Andy - Thanks for the kind words Andy. I did 2nd shoot for a bit. Unpaid and definitely less stressful. Problem is though its usually unpaid. I completely agree with the fact though they get easier. This was my 5th Full Wedding. So I feel comfortable and don't struggle to get the pictures, its just quite intense and stressful with all thats going on.

Yeah that's true, shame you don't know anyone willing to pay you to help out as a 2nd tog.

I know what you mean though about everything that's going on... I've got used to it and then did a few portrait shoots recently and felt like I had soooo much time to plan shots, set up my lighting etc that I could have a cup of tea at the same time! :LOL:

I've done about 15 now and honestly love doing them... you just get used to the pace after a while but I can appreciate it's not for everyone

Like Andy said, you should find someone to second for. There should be plenty of paid 2nd shooter work about as most of us wouldn't take along unpaid shooters. I assume if someone's good enough to let shoot they're earning me money, whereas if theyre not good enough to shoot, they're only good enough to assist.

I'd be more than happy if they were my wedding photos. I understand the stress thing. My one and only wedding was a freebie for a friend (just because i was the only one of us with a dslr) Far too much responsiblity for me

Stunning pics Matt

They're lovely. It's a shame you won't be doing any further weddings.

Kind words mate thanks, Its just a bit too stressful for me.

EXACTLY! and in many cases the Photographer is not appreciated much either.
I stopped weddings a while ago now and do miss the extra cash but not the stress.

Excellent shots, I hope your friend was delighted.

Back