Fringer EF-FX Pro II

Name
Donna
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just ordered a Fuji X-T3 and want to buy a Fringer adapter to use with my Canon lenses. Where do I buy one?
I have seen them on Amazon for £349, and then on eBay @ £229 - BUT although the pictures say EF-FX Pro II, the description says EF-FX2 Pro II - any ideas if these are bonafide?
They are also on fringeradapter.com @ $299+$25 but then I am responsible for any duty??

Any help appreciated

There are only 2 versions of the pro, the EF-FX pro and the EF-FX proII. Recent updates brought them both pretty much in line, I think the only real difference is they improved the aperture ring on the mkII and maybe it'll get more love for future firmware updates. I've not seen one with a 2 after the FX. Be careful though as there's non pro versions also, they do not have the aperture ring. I'm not sure what other differences there are but that's how you spot the pro versions. If the images shown of the adapter show simply 'EF-FX pro II" printed on side then it might just be a typo from the seller in the description. frigeradapter.com is the official site, I think it is run out of China. I don't know how customs works there if your item is checked. You may have to wait a few weeks for delivery from any indie seller running out of the Orient though, in fact I'd be sure of it.

I might be selling my V1 soon, not fully decided, but it'll be close enough to the China rice for the mkII so if you really want that one and don't mind the wait go for it from the official site

Last edited:
Thanks very much, I am so excited to get the camera and now worried I won't be able to use it as have no lenses! I may even look at the V1, so please keep me in mind.
Anyone had any experience of buying them on eBay, and any ideas if they would be genuine?

Thanks very much, I am so excited to get the camera and now worried I won't be able to use it as have no lenses! I may even look at the V1, so please keep me in mind.
Anyone had any experience of buying them on eBay, and any ideas if they would be genuine?

Can't really say, I avoid buying anything from China through ebay . I do buy non-photographic gear from Chinese sites, stuff I'm in no hurry for - mostly cheap gadgets. I do know it's often 4 weeks or more before I see the product, but never really had any bad experiences besides the wait. I did get hit by customs on a couple of flashes too, which was a bummer but I'm in Ireland and I believe our customs are tougher than the UK when it comes to deliveries from Asia

Just as a side note, I checked the fringer site tonight after commenting here - there was a new update for both versions just yesterday. My V1 is now at 3.10 - the latest for the V2 is 1.30. The later FW updates have just been mostly to accommodate some new lenses or ones that had issues reported. The guys who make the fringer are very good with taking feedback, every update will be based on feedback from users reporting issues with certain lenses and it'll be fixed - I see a couple of lenses I was interested in have gotten a boost in AF performance in FW 3.0 Like the 85 1.8 USM I had but didn't test for long, seemed ok but they say it's been improved again. Another being the 60mm macro

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but it may be of interest to some...

I've just got hold of an X-T2, and have started the migration process from Canon EF/EOS to the Fuji X line -- love the small form factor, and control layout.

Only problem is the cost (and sometimes the reported quality) of Fuji X glass. Selling off my existing Canon EF glass, and replacing with Fuji native glass, would take more money than I wish to part with.

Then I came across a YouTube video about the Fringer EF-FX Pro II: Fringer EF-FX Pro II Review

I had no idea such devices existed...and it seemed too good to be true. But further research confirmed that the Fringer "just works", just as the YouTube vlogger above reported.

However, at £349 new, it's not a cheap purchase. Luckily, one did come up on eBay recently, and I was able to get one of these to try out at a price I could afford.

After experimenting with it, I'm happy to report that it works very well, on the whole. With my EF 24-70 f4 L, performance is truly excellent. AF just works, incl. Eye tracking, and so does OIS. My EF 70-200 f4 L does not do quite so well with AF, with occasional misses (really only an issue in low light). Both lenses are fully supported by the Fringer firmware (now updated to V1.90).

My EF 50mm f2.5 macro is not in the supported list, and though it works reasonably well, it is noticably less good with AF via the Fringer to my X-T2. Happily, I use this lens mainly in manual focus mode, and there it functions perfectly.

Looking at images taken with all three lenses, I'm impressed with the results.

I also have a EF 28-70mm f2.8 L, again not supported by the Fringer, and performance here is not good as far as AF is concerned. MF is fine, of course. However, this lens has been superceded in my bag by the 24-70mm f4 L, so this is not a big problem for me.

All in all, the Fringer EF-FX Pro II adapter has saved me a great deal of money. It does work--and having all the EXIF data come through in the RAW files is very helpful back at the computer.

No doubt in time I'll acquire native glass, but for now, my kit bag now holds my X-T2, the Fringer, and 3 Canon EF lenses, along with my existing Lee filters for landscape work. I'll need to add something at the wide end at some point soon, but basically, I'm otherwise sorted. I'll have to get my 28-70 and 5Dii sold, and then perhaps buy a Fuji wide...which to get?

Last edited:
I bought a Fringer pro ( not 11 version ) to use on my xt3. I am using it with a Sigma 150/600 contemporary. On static subjects it works very well no complaints. The only problem comes with continuous af. In bright light ( a rarity in Cornwall this winter! ) it works ok ish, especially if the subject is close. I shoot raptors and they can be challenging at the best of times. All I would say is be prepared for some missed shots and accept you are joining two separate systems. How the Sigma compares to the Fuji 100/400 I don't know ( any owners living near to St ives who would let me try it much appreciated ! ). I got my copy from amazon turned up under the time stated. The adapter might work better with Canon glass? any body else might like to comment on this. If you can accept that it isn't a perfect solution I would say give it a go.

I bought a Fringer pro ( not 11 version ) to use on my xt3. I am using it with a Sigma 150/600 contemporary. On static subjects it works very well no complaints. The only problem comes with continuous af. In bright light ( a rarity in Cornwall this winter! ) it works ok ish, especially if the subject is close. I shoot raptors and they can be challenging at the best of times. All I would say is be prepared for some missed shots and accept you are joining two separate systems. How the Sigma compares to the Fuji 100/400 I don't know ( any owners living near to St ives who would let me try it much appreciated ! ). I got my copy from amazon turned up under the time stated. The adapter might work better with Canon glass? any body else might like to comment on this. If you can accept that it isn't a perfect solution I would say give it a go.

I think I would agree--where fast AF is needed, the Fringer and EF lenses (even those on the supported list) are not likely to be as swift or as reliable as native Fuji glass. As a landscape photrographer, I would have been happy just with manual focus; to get reasonable AF on some lenses, and EXIF support, is icing on the cake for me. But photographers who use their kit for action/wildlife, etc., may well find the Fringer less useful than I have.

My long-term goal is to move to a GFX system, which is why I wish to minimise expenditure on X glass ATM. However, we'll see how 2021 goes...

Back