From a weekend in Prague...

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
No
I just got back from a lovely weekend in Prague. I haven't had much of a chance to process many images yet but below are a couple from the trip.

The first was taken at dawn over the Charles Bridge, even at 5:30am there were numerous photographers up taking photo's here, before I arrived! I was hoping for a few clouds in the sky to pick up some color from the morning sun but the soft pinky hues still look OK without clouds.

7646313014_d26def5ced_c.jpg

This second image is a triptych of images all taken from Golden Lane. This is a charming small street within the castle walls.

7677931270_3f9d287979_c.jpg

Prague castle is massive and within its walls is a breathtaking cathedral. I'll upload an internal shot of the cathedral when I get a chance to post it. I visited on Sunday afternoon and there was a fading haze from incense used during the Sunday service earlier in the day, made for some lovely light.

Lovely clarity and colours (y)

Beautiful pictures Ben :clap:.

I went to Prague a few months ago. The place is very special, and my SD cards took a lot of hammer during the visit.

Looking forward to seeing the rest

Just processed a random one of a puppet shop near Charles Bridge. It's a bit creepy but interesting in there :)

7700353384_5533f23350_c.jpg

I'm really struggling to process the images of the inside of the castle cathedral... It was so amazing in there the photos don't seem to do it any justice. Will post a couple tomorrow night tho.

Cheers for the comments/feedback peeps.

the tryptych doesnt work for me as there's a little too much going on it. But, I love the soft light in the bridge shot and quite like the composition in the puppet shot and shallow DOF. May be tempted to crop out the puppet extreme left as it competes, or place a blur filter across that region carefully.

Awsome pics! I love Prague's atmosphere, theres just something unique about it.

The 1st one is my fav. I actually have a b&w print of that same bridge that i bought when i was there ages ago, but yoursmis a much beter photo. (y)

the puppet one is great.

the trip doesn't work - as there needs to be continuity from l to r

Love the puppet. You did a great job with the composition, but a tighter crop would also work.

Off the subject, i've just watched MI4. It was meant to be set at the Kremlin, in russia, but part was filmed at the castle in Prague. It was the small square with the fountain, and well. Thought i'd throw that in for anyone that has been...

Back