From Cornwall to Scotland

Name
Karl
Edit My Images
Yes
Havn't had the chance to post too much on here recently as havn't really been out that much with the camera. However got a few here from what I have managed to do over the last month or two in between work. Spent a week on Skye last week, rained 99% of the time apart from one good morning at The Old Man of Storr.

Any comments/views welcome

1)
DSC_5185-1.jpg

2)
DSC_5228-1.jpg

3)
DSC_0120-1.jpg

4)
DSC_4789-1.jpg

5)
DSC_4756-1.jpg

6)
DSC_4462-1.jpg

Number 5 and 7 for me, its nice to see a waterfall that looks how we see it for once and not a long exposure, I also like the clouds, and 7 has great tones.

number 6 for not being the usual view of the Buachaille and number 7 for the lovely light and warm colours.

1,3 and 6 for me. Love them, looks like you had ok weather.
Are you ever tempted to put some more colour into the sky, not in 1 where it looks great a bit washed out but say in 7?

I think these are superb, and an absolute feast not only for eyes, but the soul too! The only one that slightly falls short for me is the St.Michaels Mount, due only to the rather blank areas of sea and sky. Perhaps my favourite is Botallack (its not actually Botallack, but Wheal Owles), not only because this is a place that I love, but the composition and the sky are just so. But really, a wonderful set top to bottom.

Do you use ND grads at all? The skies are beautifully rendered.

Last edited:
Number 5 and 7 for me, its nice to see a waterfall that looks how we see it for once and not a long exposure, I also like the clouds, and 7 has great tones.

Cheers Matthew, yeah with the waterfall I had to up the iso to 1000 to help freeze the water rather than have it silky smooth. Was incredibly dark at the time for a daytime shot(y)

number 6 for not being the usual view of the Buachaille and number 7 for the lovely light and warm colours.

Thanks strax

1,3 and 6 for me. Love them, looks like you had ok weather.
Are you ever tempted to put some more colour into the sky, not in 1 where it looks great a bit washed out but say in 7?

7 has a fair bit of colour (warm tone) to the sky which over powers the light blue sky on the center-right hand side, but prefer not to force particular areas of the photo away from how it came out, if that makes sence:shrug:

Thanks for the input though, will give 7 a go on the sky and see how it looks(y)

A great set of images.
Difficult to choose a favourite but for me its Glen Brittle.
Also love the light on the Buachaille

Many thanks mstphoto

I think these are superb, and an absolute feast not only for eyes, but the soul too! The only one that slightly falls short for me is the St.Michaels Mount, due only to the rather blank areas of sea and sky. Perhaps my favourite is Botallack (its not actually Botallack, but Wheal Owles), not only because this is a place that I love, but the composition and the sky are just so. But really, a wonderful set top to bottom.

Do you use ND grads at all? The skies are beautifully rendered.

I use ND grads on all landscapes you see here, no separate PP to skies carried out.

Cheers horricks

love every picture.
:)

A very nice set of images 3 (reminds me of my childhood), 5 (yep, nice to see a natural waterfall), 6 and 7 (love the colours in the last two) for me (y)

Some stunning pics :clap:

BEM looks good, but the Old man steals it!

#7 is the stand out shot for me. (y)

Thanks all, 7 is my fav at the moment, but it is my most recent so not sick of seeing it.....yet:LOL:(y)

Two really great shots there out of a good set (3 & 7)

The shots are superb.#3 is the pick of the set for me.

super!

loved all of those.

Great stuff as usual devitt, No.3 is a stunner IMHO.

Two really great shots there out of a good set (3 & 7)

Fantastic set of pics well done

Kirk

Great shots, I love the colours and lighting in no 7, they're beautiful :)

great series like em all, as already said, nice to see a waterfall without a slow shutter speed

Cheers all, 3 seems popular, was shot with my trusty D60 and 18-70 in between the rain(y)

devitt never fails to impress me. I think these photo's are stunning, every one of them.

Excellent.

All superb but No 7 is a BIG WOW!!!!

#5 by a mile lovely jubbly (y)

All the rest are excellent also :)

Beautiful set of images, The fairy pool does it for me the most ***!

Super set - some places I'm very familiar with too.

Stunning collection, have sat in that fairy pool, great memories.

A first time here for me, will look forward to go back in the winter with snow/frost.

As I scrolled down the set every one seemed perfect! But Number 7 is the standout for me. The composition, the light, the depth, everything. Great shots! (y)

Simply awesome set.

All superb but No 7 is a BIG WOW!!!!

#5 by a mile lovely jubbly (y)

All the rest are excellent also :)

Beautiful set of images, The fairy pool does it for me the most ***!

Super set - some places I'm very familiar with too.

nice set, no 6 stands out for me followed by 1

really beautiful set, they are all stunning :)

Thanks all, appreciate the comments(y) Pleased with what I have got with little time with the camera this summer.

Back