From Crop Sensor to Full Frame: a buyer's dilemma

One more question, because what @JJ! said is raising a concern... if I shoot with a 50mm f1.4 lens at f2.2, is it not the exact same as shooting with a 50mm f1.8 lens at f2.2?

F/2.2 on either lens will give the same depth of field. They may render differently, and have different sharpness, light fall off, bokeh etc though.

Incidentally you currently have a crop with a maximum aperture of f/1.8 and were after a shallower depth of field (not that I'd recommend it necessarily) so looked at an f/1.4 lens...

Well if you go full frame, still using the f1.8 to get the subject the same size in shot as you did with the crop sensor you will need to be closer to them. An effect of this will be a shallower depth of field anyway.

Worth mentioning also, That both Panamoz and Hdew offer 3yr warranty, which they actually honour. Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but I read also that Panamoz will allow transfer of the warranty too?
yes they do and did mine the same day i asked, fantastic customer service from them

Have you been to try any of these bodies yet? Get both of them in your hands and see which you prefer the feel/layout of.

That is precisely what I did, and I have to say, the D750 does feel better. The grip is firmer and the autofocus is perceivably faster. So this is the camera I will go for, with a 50mm 1.8G lens to begin with. Thanks to all who helped me make this decision.

Unfortunately the D750 is now out of stock at Panamoz. I asked them when it will be available again, let's see if they come back to me. I just wonder if I should start ordering the lens, I don't want it to be out of stock when I order the camera!

That is precisely what I did, and I have to say, the D750 does feel better. The grip is firmer and the autofocus is perceivably faster. So this is the camera I will go for, with a 50mm 1.8G lens to begin with. Thanks to all who helped me make this decision.

Unfortunately the D750 is now out of stock at Panamoz. I asked them when it will be available again, let's see if they come back to me. I just wonder if I should start ordering the lens, I don't want it to be out of stock when I order the camera!

I'm not usually one to shy away from grey imports, but the 50mm 1.8G from Panamoz is £199, while it's available at multiple UK suppliers for £20 less:
http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/Nikon/Nikon-FX-Lenses/Nikon-AF-S-50mm-f1.8-G-Lens

The D750 is another matter though ;)

Thanks, I bought the lens straight away (only 1 was left in stock!)

Now I have to get the camera...

Back