From dusk till dawn

Edit My Images
Yes
Last weekend the weather report seemed very promising and for awhile now i wanted to redo an old favourite image of mine that i kinda liked but it wasn`t really what i wanted.
So, off to Rannoch moor on Saturday with plenty of time to spare for a sunset at the Buachaille. First stop (after a cup of coffee of course) was Lochan na h-Achlaise, bag and tripod out (although i was only scouting) and went looking for that spot for my sunrise.
I had to stay there for quite awhile as the sand on the small beach (yes there is a beach there) looked like it was going to turn really vivid red with the sun quite low on the horizon. Everything was set up and all i had to do was wait for the moment.
This first one is the one i`m talking about.

2413665069_18ca42fc51_o.jpg

Off to the car after this and drive away to see if i could get some decent light for a picture of Buachaille, unfortunately it never happened, instead i turned the camera around to get a picture of Creise on the opposite side of the glen.

Larger file
2414491040_7743a2b2f6_m.jpg

Late diner at Ballachulish ( a small village near by) and back at the Lochan, a few hours of sleep in the car (amazingly starry sky) and just after 5 am up for the first light, straight to the pre picked spot and wait, i must say it was getting rather cold, it was around 2-3c, thats what i was presented next and after a 2 hours wait.

Larger file
2413666517_3a243e3844_m.jpg

Unfortunately the water wasn`t perfect for good reflections as i expected but we can`t have everything. The sun now started getting a bit higher in the sky and the first photographers of the day started appearing, with nothing else to do and the shop for the morning coffee wasn`t going to open for another hour, i moved to a different spot where the water was very still because of the shelter, more and more cars with photographers were arriving.

2413667061_105ee60378_o.jpg

And finally as i was getting ready to walk away, i noticed that the sky was getting very interesting, different spot, camera facing up a bit and snap, the last one for the day.

Larger file
2414489788_58ed52acaf_m.jpg

Glad you ahd a nice time out and some lovely stuff to show for your efforts. Last two nudge ahead for me as they have the nicer colour contrast and depth of scale. All up to your usual high standard though - although I would calm down the warmth on #3.
(y)

You've got some great shots here. im off myself and a friend on saturday for a good week or so to scotland so im hoping to get some good shots, i take it theres alot of people there photographing then or is it weekends! Anyway some great photographs.(y)

Stunning shots Dimitri.
Much evidence of practice, experimentation and dedication.
Your hard work is certainly paying off.

These are absolutely stunning, Dimitri. Shooting wide lenses is actually much, much harder than it seems. Your pictures are an excellent lesson on composition -- especially the use of foreground objects in wide pictures.

Stunning set of shots(y)

Awesome these would make great desktops

Beautiful Photographs!

Stunning shots Dimitri.
Much evidence of practice, experimentation and dedication.
Your hard work is certainly paying off.

These are absolutely stunning, Dimitri. Shooting wide lenses is actually much, much harder than it seems. Your pictures are an excellent lesson on composition -- especially the use of foreground objects in wide pictures.

1st one D, love the sharp clarity.

:clap: Truly stunning photographs, with my favourite being #2.

Stunning set of shots(y)

Cheers guys.:)

Back