From DX to FX

I recall the same experience when I met @Kevin O'Brian when I had a D80. The big viewfinder was that struck me, that and the build of the thing. A radical change of circumstances followed but sure enough, I went to FX and never, ever looked back.

You'll love the camera.

Indeed it’s nice to progress through camera systems I had the D5000 then 700 then 800 which is still my current camera,have looked at the new systems but can’t justify the need to change as the 800 does everything I need for my photography needs awesome tool.

Last edited:
Indeed it’s nice to progress through camera systems I had the D5000 then 700 then 800 which is still my current camera,have looked at the new systems but can’t justify the need to change as the 800 does everything I need for my photography awesome tool.

The game hasn't really moved on since the D800. Not for landscapers. It was a game changing camera in 2012. I still use mine, in anger. I have the D810 too and sure its better, but not so much so. Lens wise I have gone bonanza, I don't quite know how I ended up with every sigma art prime bar the 85 and 20, the nikkor 20 and the holy trinty of 14-24.24-70.70-200 2.8's but they're all awesome.

D700 arrived, stuck a 50 on, then looking at the top screen all I see is -E- , needless to say I went into panic mode..........try putting a cf card in numpty, lol. First ever fx camera I have owned, loving the viewfinder, and its absolute minty !!!!! Just waiting on a Nikon 24-85 VR to be able to get out and about.
WHAT ????? Waiting???? You've got a 50mm so put that on and go out shooting some images. Might also be a chance to learn something.

WHAT ????? Waiting???? You've got a 50mm so put that on and go out shooting some images. Might also be a chance to learn something.
I'm not off till weekend, as I work nights so in bed during day, 24-85 is delivered tomorrow, just in time for a weekend jaunt.

Back