From first studio session

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Took this at my first ever studio session - not sure if it really should be in this area so please feel free to move if that is the case.
C&C would be welcomed - Thanks
IMG_2506-crop-Lynice-copyri.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks like a pretty lady.

It looks like you have done a lot of touching up of this shot to get it to where it is now.

From my point of view it may be a bit to much. Her face no longer looks natural.

Thanks hypnotic. I've done a bit with it but not a lot as I'm still getting to grips with PP. I only have a laptop at the minute so maybe I'm not seeing it too accurately
Thanks again for the feedback.

eyes are too dark for me, not sure why are the rest is nice and bright.

I like the model, but I think the PP is over done, and is patchy in areas (around the lips in particular). It looks like you've maybe used Portrait Pro (or similar)?

Oh, and I think the crop's too tight, but I *always* say that. Keep it up though, Jim. It's better than my first efforts :)

this isnt bad, the trouble iv had in the past with close shots like this is not noticing the mucky mascara..

id prefer the extra room under her chin and not the top of her head.. the crop isnt right.. im not sure what id sudgest would be an improvment.. soz..

did you do somthing to her eyes? her left cornea? is out of shape on this monitor.. i could be wrong..

Its a punchy vibrant shot ***.. i like it.. she looks like Chanelle from big bro..

I agree with fraggle about the crop. I do like the processing on this shot. Perhaps the colours in the are a bit dark. My main negative is the framing, just needs bit below to even it up.
What processing have you done, particularly on the skin.

I recognise the lovely Lynice - great choice of model!

Agree with the guys about the crop, but if that is your first studio session you have done well as there is a lot to think about with the lighting and everything else.

Minor point would be to clone out the second reflecion in her left eye.

Thanks guys I really appreciate the feedback.

yourapocalypse - you're right I used Portrait Pro - not had much time to use Elements yet and to be honest I'd rather concentrate more on getting as much as I can right in camera - maybe just old-fashioned!
I guess crops are always a personal thing and obviously depend to a large extent on what is in the original.

Really appreciate the input - quite encouraged. Thanks again - Jim

I like it, and she looks gorgeous, but for me it's too full in the frame.

Good shot non-the-less.

Woo! Eyes aren't failing me :D I heard other people say that Portrait Pro is great, you just need to teach it what to do, and if you use the defaults you get results like you've got on the lips there. Getting it right in camera is the way forward though, everyone should be applauded for that attitude :)

And yeah, crops are personal. I don't like tight crops, as a rule, but that's simply opinion rather than anything *wrong*.

Back