From FREE night - Preston Studio

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
No
thought id start a thread for any of those at my studio night that wanted to post images.

Big thanks

Here is 1 from me,

stephsmall.jpg

Ooer, she's nice.
Free did you say?
Great outfits too. I hope the others start to post their pics, it looks like it would've been a productive session.

Photos 2 and 3 on this page are my fave. The first I love the pose and shadow, but needs some work cleaning up dirt and background is a little messed up. The colours and pose are lovely in the 2nd....the third I like. Grittier processing than I would normally go for.

G.

1. Don't like the shadow. Maybe it's the way it bends with the backdrop
2. Lovely shot - lovely lighting - lovely model
3. My fav of the three. Possibly shadow on nose is a little harsh, but apart from that a great atmospheric shot.

EG is correct with regards to the backdrops needing cleansing - but that's easily sorted.

Nice shots!

When I last commented, I meant the little scuff marks and other areas of dirt / distracting shapes in the BG. I much prefer the tonality in the first. I can still see some of the areas needing work on your "White" edit....

I like Lisa's shot, but would probably crop the top of the model's dress at the back, then crop in from the right to lose some of her legs.

Donald's shot of Steph in the top hat is superb, she has amazing eyes.

Not quite sure on Brian's first image, I like the idea but it lacks punch, and she does look a bit like she is balancing on a rope?

I like Lisa's shot, but would probably crop the top of the model's dress at the back, then crop in from the right to lose some of her legs.

I pretty much agree with this regarding the crop, but Lisa has properly managed to capture just how beautiful Steph is. Love it.

Donald's shot of Steph in the top hat is superb, she has amazing eyes.

Truly amazing eyes. I really like this shot too but can't remember the green on the hat!

Not quite sure on Brian's first image, I like the idea but it lacks punch, and she does look a bit like she is balancing on a rope?

Balancing on a rope ... in those boots? :LOL:
I know what you mean, but I like Brian's shots because they're so different. I'm looking forward to when I have the confidence and experience to go beyond the normal portraits I shot on the night. To be fair he only got 5 minutes of shooting in all night, so not a bad result.

Working on mine now ...

A few more.
I'm really chuffed that I managed to get some full length shots that I'm happy with. Headshots I can do, it's when I have to deal with a whole body that I start to struggle.

The rest are on flickr here ... Steph

Steph by bod, on Flickr

Steph by bod, on Flickr

Steph by bod, on Flickr

Steph by bod, on Flickr

Steph by bod, on Flickr

Back