From Saturday

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
This is the first time I have shown photos here, so take it easy on me :LOL: but not too easy. This was the first time I had tried low key what do you think.

Last edited:
Both if these shots are quite dark. I know you where going for low key, but I think it is a little too far.

I like the pose in the first one, but th facial expressions look a little vacant. Maybe try a bit of eye contact and a smile?

Well worth a second attempt.

I agree unfortunately, these are not low-key they are just under exposed by quite a bit.

Low key in photography is achieved by using a very high key/main light to fill light ratio in the region of 8:1 to give an image with high contrast from light to dark. Quite often the main or key light is used in a way that it lights just edge of the subject so that the rest of the subject falls off into shadow a reflector is then used to just lift the shadows a touch!

Hope this helps.

How embracing I uploaded the wrong files.

Onform you was right they were under exposed by 1.5 stops in camera raw for a university project. (makes mental note to keep project work in separate folder)

Let’s try this again.

Charl_01.jpg

Charl_02.jpg

Charl_03.jpg

Back