From Sony to Nikon - lots to buy and lots to sell

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just had some good news. A friend of mine does lots of work for Nikon and as part payment has been given a couple of D700's and a D3. In return for a week's holiday in my house in Spain he's giving me a D700 and he'll lend me a 28-70 2.8 for a couple of months. He's also going to lend me the D3 to play around with :eek:

I have been wanting to try full frame so I guess here is my opportunity. However I have a lot of Sony/Minolta stuff which I'll have to sell if I want to buy the equivalent Nikon gear. The alternative is that I keep my Alpha 700 and run both systems with, obviously, a lot less Nikon stuff.

Here is what I currently have, in the order that I use them

Alpha 700
VG-C70AM vertical grip
Sigma 28-70 2.8
Sigma 10-20
Sony 70-200 2.8G
Sony 56AM Flash (Bottom held together with tape so may be hard to sell)
Minolta 3600HS (Buttons don't work but works fine as second flash in auto mode)
Minota 50mm 1.7
Tamrom 90mm 2.8 macro

Funnily enough the 70-200, which is my most expensive lens is something that I don't use that often but I guess on full frame I may need one for portrait stuff. I tend to stick to portraits and landscapes but also take lots of photos of houses and rooms (to advertise the place in Spain).

Any thoughts on what/where to get?

I'm hoping to finance everything I buy with stuff I sell.

What a nice dilemma to have though, you lucky bugger. I wish someone would give me a D700 :D

could be intrested in the Sigma 10-20 and definately interested in the 50mm 1.7 - PM me when you have idea of prices

I have just had some good news. A friend of mine does lots of work for Nikon and as part payment has been given a couple of D700's and a D3.
QUOTE]

Where do you buy your lucky white heather?

Thanks for the interest guys, this wasn't meant as an advert for my stuff as I think it'll probably be weeks before I have anything for sale. I'd be very interested in advice on Nikon glass and flashguns...

Certainly looks like you wouldn't have a problem selling your kit :D

you invest so much into sony, why change?

by the way if you do change, because your so nice can i have the sony flash lol.

I've been eyeing that Nikon sensor since the D3 first came out and hoping that Sony would release a low noise 12M full frame. I'm still waiting...

In the meantime a D700 is about to land on my lap. I'll play with it for a couple of weeks and decide what to do.

Phew, glad no one has given me a D700.

If I sold all my Sony kit, I would probably still not have enough to buy one decent lens for the D700. :crying:

Phew, glad no one has given me a D700.

If I sold all my Sony kit, I would probably still not have enough to buy one decent lens for the D700. :crying:

Nifty Fifty

I recommend the 24-70mm 2.8_i've got the sigma which works great_nikon s better but 3 times the price,also the 70-200mm or 80-200mm afs worth the money,try second hand.
sb-800 flash rather than 600,easier to use(i've got both!).
hope this helps.

Back