Front element needs replacing?

Name
Mark Walker
Edit My Images
No
Firstly apologies is this is the wrong section,

I wanted to sell my wife’s 650D and EFS 15-85mm lens as I replaced it with an XT20.. Anyhow, I’ve noticed what looks like either 2 or 3 water marks or the coating on the inside of the glass has failed.. Either way, you can’t see the marks on the final image, but I feel it’s not fair to try and sell something that’s slightly faulty.

1553361374204.png

Does anyone know who can replace the front element? I don’t think Canon are an option as it would probably cost as much as the 2nd hand value of the lens?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just note the faults in the advert and have a go at it. Maybe its a dirt mark on the outside that can be cleaned or perhaps a careless engineer left some marks on the assembly line. Either way as you said service option is pointless if it is out of warranty.

Can't see it being worth repairing given the relatively cheap cost of the lens.
Still saleable for a lesser price, declare the damage and say it doesn't affect the photos

Thanks, it's deffo on the inside, I've tried everything to clean it off and it's not budging... Should have also said (not that it matters) filter fitted since new.

But so far I agree, was tempted just to call it out in the advert as I can't sell the 650D until I've sold the lens as it would be rendered useless.

Back