Frost

Thanks. I like the bridge and composed to include it. A gateway into the frosty woods.

I like both of these a lot. The bridge is more of a distraction for me in the second one. A cropped version would be lovely and simple.

The first one is lovely, unfortunately the bridge doesn't work for me either in the 2nd, it just pulls the eye away from the interest.

I think the bridge needs to be more into the frame or out completely. Nice shots either way though :)

I agree with this, I see why you like the bridge and I probably would have wanted it in too, but with it being in the bottom right corner it doesn't really lead you in - just my opinion though. They're both nice shots though

Thanks. Yes I know what you mean. I think everyone expects to see thirds! I was using the bridge as metaphor for a door. Like you see on some houses. Just an idea but I like it and out of the two it seems to be the most popular with folk. Though I prefer the river shot myself.

I agree with this, I see why you like the bridge and I probably would have wanted it in too, but with it being in the bottom right corner it doesn't really lead you in - just my opinion though. They're both nice shots though

Last edited:
Two lovely shots.
I don't mind the bridge, there's a juxtaposition (hate that word, so w***y but the only word relevant here) between the frosted trees and bridge which creates a tension. On balance though it probably would be a stronger picture without it. The right hand side of that frame just focusing on the two prominent birches would work for me.

Back