Frosty drips

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
frosty drips found in the sun today, found it quite difficult to get the focus sharp on these drops..

4241851388_131005b416_o.jpg

4241086777_5280d55149_o.jpg

4241134415_ec25a52fbe_o.jpg

That last one especially is SUPERB!

Shame, as you say, about the focus being just a touch off. It's pretty much impossible to get the centre/front of the drop in focus as well as the edge, to get a nice crisp edge to it, unless you stack two shots together. Using a narrower aperture and moving slightly further away, if you can afford it with light and the lens, will help somewhat :)

That last one especially is SUPERB!

Shame, as you say, about the focus being just a touch off. It's pretty much impossible to get the centre/front of the drop in focus as well as the edge, to get a nice crisp edge to it, unless you stack two shots together. Using a narrower aperture and moving slightly further away, if you can afford it with light and the lens, will help somewhat :)

Thanks for the advice - I ran out of time in the end - I need to get my head around this stacking and have another go.

The last one is very very nice. Looks like a bird or possibly even a dolphin.

These are really good, I have been trying to get some of these in my garden over the last couple of day without success, frost never seem thick enough in my garden.

Back