Frosty Foggy Tree

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
No
Hey,

Took these when i was back in Glasgow for xmas,

quite happy with how they turned out, always wanted a photo of a tree on its own (i am aware of the trees in the background but i meant not in a collection)

C&C welcome so i can help get another one better.

_MG_4294.jpg

_MG_4328.jpg

_MG_4330.jpg

_MG_4320.jpg

Cheers for looking!

When I saw number 1, i thought that some extra room to the left would help a lot, as it is I think its a little too tight in the frame. 2 and 3 im not to keen on, maybe if the light was stronger or more contrasty, they might work.
But number 4 is superb imo, just what I was thinking of when I saw your first image. Very well done(y)

I like the shape of tree in #1 but feel it is too tight in the frame to make the most of the shot.

#2 & 3 just don't work as compositions for me, I want the whole tree or something that is the subject other than the partial tree.

#4 is a lovely shot that could be just a bit improved with a touch more space on top and below.

Cheers guys,

Yeah i think number 4 is my favorite as well,

so really next time i'm doing that just put more space round it.

Agree with the above posts on numbers 2 and 3. The crops are just not working for me.

However, I really do like the first and last ones a lot - in fact I'm torn between choosing a favourite from these two.

The framing definitely seems to work better with the landscape format of the last one - a far better sense of space and perspective.
However, the foreground with the frosty grass in number 1 absolutely makes it for me; and I also really like the play of shadows on the ground just beneath the tree.

If you could have shot number 1 with the same amount of space to either side as in the the last shot it would have been perfect for me.

Liking #1..... Not keen on #2 or #3 but loving #4

Definitely a case of more is better with this one..!!

i wasn't aware you could do that on cs5, will give it a bash later! cheers.

Back