`Frosty Llangynidr` Brecon Beacons

What a bizarre contrast, and it really shows the difference of being "where the sun don't shine"! I'm guessing that the light comes up or round to thaw the village out, but you've caught a really interesting moment here and done it full justice.

Lovely shot and fascinating too as a cyclist it is possible to feel this kind of difference in temp even before the sun comes up.

One of the finest landscapes I have ever seen simply due to such an intriguing set of conditions.

Srong words Steve

Lovely shot and fascinating too as a cyclist it is possible to feel this kind of difference in temp even before the sun comes up.

Srong words Steve

It should be entered to LPOTY and I'd wager it's a winner. It's as good, if not better, than the winners I've seen of that competition.

It's a truly special image IMHO.

I'd call it Temperature Inversion.................

Someone writing a geography book will love to have that, maybe even a squid or two available.

Great photo, and well captured.........

Mj (Degree in Geography...I wish}

:):):olympus:

Spectacular stage of a Mother Nature's grandiose play…

This is certainly an interesting image. I wonder if the saturation of the blue has been increased a little too much in order to empathise the difference in colours? I think the image works better with the sky cropped out.

Stunning. That's why I love landscape photography. You never quite know what's around the corner.

(Having said that it's raining again here this morning!).

That is really cool! And warm :)

Has to be one of the most interesting landscape photographs I've seen. The layering is really interesting and the portrait aspect a very good decision.

Good call from Steve re the LPOTY entry. Has to be worth it.

Wow! this is just stunning, I first thought youd fused 2 different shots together! absolutely stunning. The depth of field is pretty stunning too, I can see why you were impressed, what was your aperture?

Amazing set of circumstances and agree a very special capture ... can't make my mind up if it needs all of the sky :thinking:

I Think you got your Land-Sky enhancement filter on upside down :)

Just joking.

Unusual photo, thats for sure.

Pete

Back