Frozen, Slovenia

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Frozen.....

In 2017, it was the first time in 10 years that Lake Bled in Slovenia froze over. It was a memorable morning on the Lake with misty and textured patterns.

Thanks for looking. Andy

frozen bled.jpg

Wow! - I've not seen an image like that for at least 10yrs...
That's beautiful; you've kept the balance of the haunting mist and the effect of the chill with the blue feel.
I like the frozen water.
this image works as an oft viewed pano, but the water/ice adds a very different perspective.

Good capture of the mist around the island, undecided about the lines in the ice taking the eye away, if I find it distracting or because of them it forces you to refocus back on other things. Are they frozen bubbles in the foreground? Certainly adds interest

Very Nice shot with the muted colours, the mist in the distance and the detail on the ice.

I always regarded your images as top notch Andrew but that one is extra special. The top third would make a great panorama too.

"Excellent" shot Sir, nuff said.(y)

George.

thank you very much everyone for your kind comments, I really appreciate it, Yes I do have a panoramic version of the above as well I took a few shots this morning so will post another one too!

That's really good.
Conveys the cold brilliantly.

Back