Fruit Shoot

Name
Jahir
Edit My Images
Yes
Took a couple of photos of fruit for a friend. Very basic setup....some wallpaper reversed for background, umbrella to the left and reflector to the right. What do you guys think?

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1441924433.489600.jpg

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1441924585.807207.jpg

Last edited:
I like the composition of #2 with the blueberries breaking up the otherwise formal arrangement but think that the lighting is just too harsh in both images such that some detail has been lost for instance in the melon and bananas. IMHO. Nice and colourful though.

I think the wallpaper has worked well for a seamless background, there does seem to be too much light, have you tried to reduce the highlights etc down in post?

I agree that the second is a little over exposed / flash to strong, but I like the arrangement :D

I think the harsh lighting is due to my editing, I'll give it another go :)

love the 2nd one tho' as others have said it's a bit over exposed the raspberries are very pale, composition is good, the 1st over exposed too and a bit too central for me, might benifit from a very lite spray of liquid, well done

I agree, a bit over exposed on both shots (for me).

When I've done still life arrangements, I try to get the light on the same level as the thing I'm shooting, or just a tad above, and lighting/reflectors at "4 o'clock" and "8 o'clock" positions to increase the drama of the shadows.

Back