Frustration is...

Edit My Images
Yes
...Having a shiny new 350D body sat on your bed, with no lens to attach onto it.

:(:(

But on the positive side, i'm liking the size. Just need to work out the best way to hold it. Warehouse Express did a superb job. I rang at 2.10pm yesterday and the chap managed to delay the delivery truck until he had taken my order, so it arrived this morning. A bargain £539 too.

Roll on tomorrow, and my lens expedition!

Matt

I feel for you buddy, but the best things come to those who wait.

Don't rush the lens purchase and regret what you buy, it is far better to chose wisely, get what you want and only have to buy once as it will be money far better spent.

Did you manage to narrow down your retailer choice and find one with the lenses that you are interested in on stock?

Yeah, i've found a Jessops that has a 2nd hand (but mint condition) Sigma 18-125mm in stock for £160. As i'm just starting out with a DSLR, this should cover the range I need, and is quite decent on price. I am already swaying towards getting the 50mm MKII as its so cheap and produces some nice pictures by the looks of things. My thinking is that never having experienced an L lens or some other expensive bit of kit, I will be more than happy with the Sigma (assuming it has no front/back focus issues which I believe is common). Once I start to develop my taste for lenses, ill no doubt move to a series of shorter zooms.

Its really exciting though. My current camera is great, but i've been bursting to get a DSLR, and the 350D is perfect. Just can't wait to get taking pictures!

Matt

Back