Frustration when Canon 5D3 goes to standby in Live View

Name
Neale
Edit My Images
No
I'm probably being thick, but I get frustrated quite often, especially when "taking my time" to get a nice landscape.

I think my problem is that I use the Custom set C1 as my default for this type of photography. It's useful to have Low ISO, Manual Exposure, Mirror Lockup etc. all dialled in before I start, so I don't forget something stupid while I admire the view.

The downside to this is that the C1 settings default to a given f-stop (usually f18) and a given shutter speed, which obviously I adjust according to the conditions.

I'll then make some adjustments to aperture perhaps, if DOF requires it, and set the appropriate shutter speed...and then wait for the light to be just so...

Seconds before taking the shot I'll be fiddling around with my filters etc, when the camera drops out of live view. When I press the Live View button again to take the shot, all the exposure settings will have returned to their defaults.

Other than using plain old Manual, and remembering all the other settings (Mirror lockup etc) is it possible to set a parameter in the camera to remember the current settings when switching to standby?

Back