Beginner Fuji 50-230 lens - how do you change aperture?

Ros

Name
Rosaline
Edit My Images
Yes
Was trying to get some shots of the moon over the last couple of nights using the 50-230 lens on Fuji X-T1. Can anyone explain how to change the aperture as there isn't a ring on the lens and I can't find how to do it on the camera body. Did a quick hand held shot last night and I'm quite pleased how it came out but I'm sure it could be better.

by RosNapier, on Flickr

Lenses with No Aperture Rings

The method used to adjust aperture can be selected using the APERTURE SETTING option (P82) in the shooting menu. When an option other than AUTO is selected, aperture can be adjusted using the rear command dial.

Aperture control defaults to the rear command dial, but can be reassigned to the front command dial using the COMMAND DIAL SETTING option in the setup menu.

Lenses with No Aperture Rings

The method used to adjust aperture can be selected using the APERTURE SETTING option (P82) in the shooting menu. When an option other than AUTO is selected, aperture can be adjusted using the rear command dial.

Aperture control defaults to the rear command dial, but can be reassigned to the front command dial using the COMMAND DIAL SETTING option in the setup menu.

Thanks Andrew, got it now!

Thanks for this explanation guys, i bought this lens a couple of days ago as there was no point buying the XF version for what I need it for

Last edited:
I have this lens and love it, it's very sharp, or at least my copy is.

It's a shame I don't really use my Fuji gear anymore.

I have both the 50-230 and the 55-200. I bought the 50-230 as a lighter weight, larger zoom range option for holiday use. Waiting for a more normal world to get shot of the 50-230 (which stayed at home while the heavier option came with me.) The 50-230 isn't bad but the XF option is enough better to make it the chosen lens for me.

For me there was just no point spending the extra on something I’ll use occasionally, I’m unable to work due to numerous health issues so even though I looked at the XF one and would have loved the Tamron 18-300 it just wasn’t feasible

If I didn't already have the 55-200, I would have been happy with the 50-230.

Back