Fuji 60mm Macro+TC

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Just been doing a bit of digging around and from comments in other places it seems that is is possible to use a 60mm macro +11mm Ext tube+1.4TC without physically damaging either the lens or the TC.
I have just tried this on a 55-230 XC and while it all fits together the combo will not AF ( perhaps not surprising) has anyone tried the macro combination and if so does it work and how well?

Just been doing a bit of digging around and from comments in other places it seems that is is possible to use a 60mm macro +11mm Ext tube+1.4TC without physically damaging either the lens or the TC.
I have just tried this on a 55-230 XC and while it all fits together the combo will not AF ( perhaps not surprising) has anyone tried the macro combination and if so does it work and how well?

The 11mm tube will definitely work very well with the 60mm. The lens in its native form will not take the TC, but I have to confess I don’t know if the TC can be mounted to the tube. My gut feeling says it can’t, but I could be wrong.

George.

The 1.4TC is only compatible with the 100-400, 50-140 ( maybe ) and the 80mm macro.

The 1.4TC is only compatible with the 100-400, 50-140 ( maybe ) and the 80mm macro.

It might work with the macro tubes OP is using? TC --> tube --> lens, he says he's done it with the 50-230 so I'm guessing this is how it's made possible.

The TC is to give more working distance I presume, not so much more magnification, because you can just stack macro tubes for that purpose

It might work with the macro tubes OP is using? TC --> tube --> lens, he says he's done it with the 50-230 so I'm guessing this is how it's made possible.

The TC is to give more working distance I presume, not so much more magnification, because you can just stack macro tubes for that purpose

Thank you
That's what I am asking- the reason for the tube is that lenses made to take the TC have a recessed rear element so the protruding front of the TC does not hit the back of the lens.
By using the tube this is prevented so practically everything fits without causing any damage but as I do not yet have a macro lens I wondered what the real world "benefits" if any were.

Back