Fuji are in the game

Name
Marac Andrzej Kolodzinski
Edit My Images
No
Some of you may know me, I have had the privilege of owning/using near enough every brand, model of camera gear from Zenit to PhaseOne. I have since settled my own personal camera bag down to a Leica Monochrom and a Fuji X-T1 (for colour).. I shoot the Leica glass on the fuji with an adapter. I had the whole range of Fuji lenses and sold them all (for a Summilux 75mm yum yum).

I still enjoy animal shots and trips to the Zoo, but sadly (due to my health) I am not able to carry the huge kit around anymore. Enter the Fuji 50-140, although not a small lens by any measure at all, it is however a lot lighter, the IOS is amazing and is very well balanced with the X-T1 so I can actually carry it around all day. I have tried the other options including M42 stuff blah blah blah and before this, the best option was the fantastic Fuji 55-200, not weather sealed though and this is England..

Anyway, What are your opinions about the mirrorless options for wildlife. I think Fuji should stand proud of their achievements with the X system. If I wasn't such a porper I would still love to own the 23/35/56 offerings from Fuji but sadly they had to get sold to cover the cost of my dream lens (75mm Summilux).

Well Done Fuji.

The only area where Fuji are lacking is in the telephoto range - 230mm simply isn't long enough as an upper limit for native fit. Looking forward to the long awaited (?) 140-400 and hoping it wont be too expensive when it finally hits the shelves!

The 100-400 is also going to be compatible with the 1.4x TC, no idea how as its planned to be an f4-5.6. Due towards the end of the year I believe. The 55-200 is an excellent lens for the money, but obviously it doesn't give you the reach.

Fuji haven't put a foot wrong quality-wise so I've no doubt it will be a bit special, I will be first in line for one!

Back