Fuji "buzzing" noise.

Name
Errr Pete?
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a Fuji X-T3 and yesterday I updated the firmware to the camera and my 18-55 lens. Now the camera/lens continuously makes a buzzing noise, other than that, the camera/lens seems to be working fine. I have other lenses and when I change lenses the buzzing stops, suggesting the problem lies with the lens. I have googled the problem and have seen suggestions saying "this, is normal, it's the stabilising doing it's job" whether that's true or not, I couldn't live with this noise. Any and all suggestions / advice would be very much appreciated.

Pete

I have googled the problem and have seen suggestions saying "this, is normal, it's the stabilising doing it's job"
If it didn't do that before you updated the lens firmware and it doesn't with other lenses I would take Google with pinch of salt.
Whilst some noise is often linked to OIS or VR when it is working, I have never heard of that being continuous.
I don't know Fuji but is it possible to rollback or re-install? Otherwise a call to Fuji support I would think.

I have a Fuji X-T3 and yesterday I updated the firmware to the camera and my 18-55 lens. Now the camera/lens continuously makes a buzzing noise, other than that, the camera/lens seems to be working fine. I have other lenses and when I change lenses the buzzing stops, suggesting the problem lies with the lens. I have googled the problem and have seen suggestions saying "this, is normal, it's the stabilising doing it's job" whether that's true or not, I couldn't live with this noise. Any and all suggestions / advice would be very much appreciated.

Pete
What happens when you switch off the OIS on the18-55 lens?

The buzzing doesn't stop.

Back