Fuji Camera with Nissin Air 1 to trigger Nikon Flash on Air R

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys, I was wondering if anybody here has any experience with the Nissin triggers for Fuji cameras?

I have both a Fuji and a Nikon system and have been using Nikon flashes with the Fuji X-Pro 2 triggering them using pocket wizards. As I missed TTL I bought a
Nissin Di700A and Air 1 which seems to work pretty well with the Fuji camera. I also bought an Air R for Nikon which is supposed to allow me to also trigger one of my Nikon flashes along with the Di700.

This blog post suggests that I should be able to get the Nikon to work on TTL but HSS will not work.

I can only get my Nikon flash to correctly fire when they are connected manually not on TTL. The Nissin instructions say this...

Since Nikon type flash units has some variation between models, the therefore Receiver Air R needs to recognize which Nikon type flash unit is plugged on it. By doing this recognition 1)Just install your Nikon type flash unit on your Receiver Air R. 2) Power them on until ready. 3) Make sure that the group selected on the Air R is not turned off at thr commander Air 1. Press the pilot button on the Commander Air 1 to cause your grouped a flash unit to emit flash. 4) The recognition is complete. ***The recognition process is important otherwise the TTL exposure may not be corrected***

I have done that but still no TTL, the flash fires but seems to be very low

Has anybody else had any success with this set up?

Back