Fuji Finepix E510

Edit My Images
No
First post on ere, Im sure no-one will recognise the name :LOL:

Thinking about getting myself a better digital camera than my Finepix A204, which is just a point and shoot jobbie in favor of something with a few twiddly bits. Would like to stick with Fuji as I can re-use my Xd memory cards, card reader etc..

Anyone got or used an E510? have been looking around and looks like it will do what I want without being so complicated it takes 20 mins to take a picture :wink: but is cheap enough for me to afford (just short of £170) from here
Any comments good or bad appreciated before I go onto autopilot and get my barclaycard out!

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris
Welcome to the forums :)

I have not used the Fuji camera or indeed heard anything about it personally however as you asked I have just had a look at a few sites that have already reviewed it. All the reports seem to be favourable and Steve’s digicams praise it highly. You can read the review and see some full size sample images here .

I have read what you have written about compatibility with your existing cards and reader but it may be worth looking at a few reviews of the lower Canon cameras also, if you are going to be spending a fair chunk of money its better to have looked at the alternatives. Take a look at the A80 and A85 as these fit into your price range, again they have been reviewed over at Steve’s so you should have no trouble comparing the three.

I am sorry I can’t be of more help.

Cheers Steve,
had a look at the review and I think I'll go for it ;) looked at the Canon options you suggested, but think I'll stick with the Fuji - the A85 has the closest similar spec, but it takes 4 batteries.... dont really want to be carrying the thing around on a trailer cus of the weight of the power source :LOL:

Good, I am glad you have made your choice and am sure it will serve you well. For batteries I would recommend getting a spare set or two to carry with you just incase and aim for the highest maH rating that you can afford. This will allow for longer use time and more shots between charges. If you need any more help or have any queations just give us a shout and we will do our best to help.

I hope you are going to be posting your first shots with the new camera one you have bought it?

Way ahead on the battery front m8, have a set of four 2400mah NiMi that just go on & on & on ... came complete with a mains charger that also has a fag lighter adapter with it as well ;)

Next on the shopping list may be a tripod of some sort, I presume they all use a standard thread?

They do indeed but beware with tripods as cheap is not always cheerful!! Get one with a bit of weight to it thats not going to wobble in the wind!

Camera turned up this morning - never bothered looking at an instruction manual in my life ..... I need to with this camera though, and its not a small book with just a couple of pages to it either! :eek: The sooner I can drive again and get out somewhere to get some practice & experiment with the thing the better :wink:

Thats great news Chris. Get those batteries on charge and start snapping away. The best way to learn is to use the camera and refer back to the manual as you get stuck or curious. If you have any questions though, post away :)

Waits with baited breath for the pictures to appear in the members gallery ... :wink:

The batteries have been on charge ready for the moment the camera arrived ;) My bro popped round earlier and bought my little nephew with him, so I had a bit of play around with the camera then.... as soon as I can drive I'm gonna head up to Dove Dale near my Mum & Dad's house in the Peak District - lots of different subjects to snap away at up there :D

Back