Some, including me, like to have two slots and a dual right process in case a card fails. It does happen. I thought it only had one, if it has two it could be my next system. I will investigate.

The Fuji dual card slots in X-T and GFX allow backup, ie write RAW to both cards, I do this currently in X-T2 writing RAW +JPG to both cards (some owners write RAW to one and JPG to the other, or you can configure to move into card 2 when card 1 is full - it's up to you how configured)

And now the next quarters deals on GFX40R -

£270 trade in bonus
Bundle deal GFX40R + GF63mm £4,449.00
Bundle deal GFX40R + GF45mm £4,649.00
Bundle deal GFX40R + GF32-64mm £5,349.00

Loads of lens deals as well, up to £700 off, Park cameras have all the details on their website

Interesting times ahead....

£270 trade in bonus

Loads of lens deals as well, up to £700 off, Park cameras have all the details on their website

40R ??

What's that then?

40R ??

What's that then?
I think you mean 50R David

:banghead: currently having a bad day at work, just lost 3 hours work during a computer glitch!!! Project already behind, so yes you are both right its a 50R, just got to work out which body parts (existing camera kit) can go. Would expect the bundle prices to change for Black Friday but the trade in bonus might

Anyway whats 10MP between mates :exit:

£270 trade in bonus

Not sure that applies to the GFX50R and note that the trade must be a "working digital medium format DSLR, full frame DSLR or full frame CSC"

So are you pulling the trigger on it David?

Probably, its an itch that definitely needs scratching, I have some sums to do though?

Do I keep existing X-T2, 16mm, Samyang 12mm, 18-55mm, 23mmF1.4 and 90mm, or some of that lot as my wife has an X-T20+23mmF2. I also have an X100F with both converters, that's definitely staying as my lightweight kit. The Samyang and 23mm F1.4 can defintely go, but do I keep the X-T2 body and some of the other lenses, or sell the lot as I can always buy it back again (probably cheaper) in the future. I also have a new kitchen to fund, and the inevitable tax bill in January!

I'm looking for simplification in 2019, so a couple of lenses for the GFX40R will do........ (famous last words....)

Probably, its an itch that definitely needs scratching, I have some sums to do though?

Do I keep existing X-T2, 16mm, Samyang 12mm, 18-55mm, 23mmF1.4 and 90mm, or some of that lot as my wife has an X-T20+23mmF2. I also have an X100F with both converters, that's definitely staying as my lightweight kit. The Samyang and 23mm F1.4 can defintely go, but do I keep the X-T2 body and some of the other lenses, or sell the lot as I can always buy it back again (probably cheaper) in the future. I also have a new kitchen to fund, and the inevitable tax bill in January!

I'm looking for simplification in 2019, so a couple of lenses for the GFX40R will do........ (famous last words....)

Only 2 lenses? That won't last. Looks a great camera and I'm only a little bit jealous.

(fingers in ears).... I know, I know, I came down from 11 for X mount to 5 and have only had 5 over the last 2 years - changed a few though......

Don't be jealous, I haven't bought it (yet) :) might get :coldfeet:

But the GAS is strong on this one... so that will be the GFX50R X 2 and several GRX lenses in two years time...
Joking aside I be very interested what you think of it when you do get one.

But the GAS is strong on this one... so that will be the GFX50R X 2 and several GRX lenses in two years time...
Joking aside I be very interested what you think of it when you do get one.

GAS might be strong but the bank balance isn't infinite :( and I want to keep the weight down, that was the main reason for X series.

GAS might be strong but the bank balance isn't infinite :( and I want to keep the weight down, that was the main reason for X series.

I HATE this thread. Might have to sell everything

Bugger...can’t afford it...

With me currently not working I know that my T2's are here to stay for the time being. A mate has just bought a T3, I did fancy an H1, but if I'm honest, I think a T3 will fit the bill, but I don't want to get rid of the T2's if I can help it. That said, this 50R is appealing, and once we move, hopefully I'll find gainful employment ant I may add one and a couple of lenses to the line up.

We are in the process of buying a place just 10 minutes from NT Stourhead, I can't think of anything better to document a year at such a wonderful site than a G-FX.....

Tested one over the weekend and picked it up today. It’s a brick that delivers amazing pictures. There are adapters for Canon EF lenses too and many of them cover the whole sensor.

So far, so amazing - living up to expectations. The techart adapter for EF lenses is working well too. Focusing is slow but not a major problem. L bracket with grip on order which will make handling a bit better. Anyone else using one?

So far, so amazing - living up to expectations. The techart adapter for EF lenses is working well too. Focusing is slow but not a major problem. L bracket with grip on order which will make handling a bit better. Anyone else using one?

Where did you find the techart? I've only seen the available in Asia

Could you post a link to the L bracket with grip please :)

Got the techart in Zurich next day or so delivery so there must be stocks in Europe.

So, anyone actually using one of these? How’s it going?

I have a terrible urge to scratch this itch .....

Absolutely love mine. Image quality is insane.

Can I ask which lenses you are using? When I had a hands on a few weeks ago I was very surprised how light it felt until realising it had the 63mm attached which I think is the lightest.

Have you tried lens other than the GF range?

Can I ask which lenses you are using? When I had a hands on a few weeks ago I was very surprised how light it felt until realising it had the 63mm attached which I think is the lightest.

Have you tried lens other than the GF range?

I have the 63mm. Like you, I was shocked at the overall size and weight. I've tried the 45mm too but am having a long hard think about which other lens I'd like before investing more.

thats my target - but it will be a case of waiting for a bargain i think.

110s hardly ever come up second user - there is a reason for that, the best you can probably hope for is that Fuji repeat their £500 cashback on GFX lenses in Q3, which they may well do as an incentive for potential GFX100 switchers.

Back