Fuji mirrorless ILC X-PRO

This is the mirrorless I've been waiting for. External AF sensor to compliment the contrast detect as well, can't wait to see how it performs. The 18mm and 35mm would cover 95% of the photography I do.

It'll be interesting to see the size of a real body and lens combo as they look a little chunky in some shots. If the lenses are big, like the Sony's, it wouldn't interest me.

The picture shows it with the 35mm 1.4 - that makes it look X100 sized, which is very nice. A bit smaller would be nice, but that's hardly huge compared to what I have now.

Last edited:
Looks great, hope there's no Fuji quirks on board! The lens are 28mm, 53mm and 90mm equivalents, I'd have liked something a little bit wider as an option too. Will be interested to see how the optical viewfinder works with other lens also.

Edit: Seems it might cost 1300 euros for the body and 35mm lens (53mm equivalent), the others lens going for 600 euros each. Here's the French magazine.

Last edited:
Any news on the AF? Am sorely tempted to upgrade, but not unless the AF is a massive improvement over the X100.

It'll be interesting to see the size of a real body and lens combo as they look a little chunky in some shots. If the lenses are big, like the Sony's, it wouldn't interest me.

The lenses look significantly smaller than say the Zeiss 24mm on the NEX to me.

I'm very excited about this system. Reckon the X-Pro 1 with the 18/2 and 35/1.4 will be a very versatile and good combination. I've already started to get rid of my DSLR rig to get this. Size, weight, design and philosophy is right to my tastes. I do however hope the responsiveness has improved a few notches since the X100. They should also implement focus peaking similar to the NEX-7 for using legacy lenses. I'll be very interested to see how this new sensor holds up as well.

But I can't believe there will be no diopter correction!

Yes you can get an adaptor but people like me use my cameras with and without corrective specs depending on the situation - useless.

Yes, this is one thing that would almost certainly discount it for me.

I'm sure I read that different corrective lenses can be fitted but tailoring the camera for one user would make it difficult for anyone else to use... and more difficult for the owner if their eyesight / prescription changes over time, which is quite possible.

It seem a barmy move IMVHO.

I should be getting this camera from Fuji's UK pr agency on loan towards the end of March to try out on a wedding. I will write a full review. It looks very promising.

Unless you wear glasses, in which case it might be more trouble than it's worth :(

Back