Fuji price increase coming

Slide film is already staggeringly expensive - sure, the results are great, but the cost of Portra is about as much as I'm willing to pay for any roll of film, not as much as slide costs anyway.

I am now all B&W for film. Anything colour is digital. I feel that B&W film is affordable and I can't recreate the look of film with digital conversions. I just don't feel the same about C41 and E6 film.

It was always going to happen, the moment Kodak "hit the buffers" so to speak... without some competition, at least on E6, the prices were destined to hit the roof.

I'm probably going to end up much the same as you Jim - I'll use up my stocks of C41 and E6 colour film, and probably just shoot B&W from there on in - though I may just treat myself to the occasional roll of Velvia if it's still available in 10 years or so (my current freezer-full and low shooting rate means i've got a few years before i'll run out of stock!)

This vexes me greatly :( I just got myself two boxes of 5x4 slide film, 40 sheets for just over 100 euros... it's expensive, but I still feel I can stretch to the price. Dev costs don't appear to be going anywhere, but suffice to say I'm going to be rather careful with the E6 I have!

Just got into using Provia so I'll just have to bite the bullet. I only use 120 film and at the moment a pack of 5 is about £20 so I'll wait to see what sort of increase in cost is going to happen but perhaps I will need to be sitting down when I find out the new price.

Could turn out to be a bad move. Everywhere i look Kodak films are considerably cheaper than Fuji. And that's not even taking into account the £1 Colour Plus. Kodak are here to stay, you can't go acting like you've got a monopoly. Sadly if this backfires and leads to Fuji dropping out of the film business then it would lead to Kodak having a monopoly on colour, and given how much they need the money...

The price would have to rise pretty far to dissuade some of the hardcore velvia/provia/astia/acros fans... though I am not ruling out the possibility of this all tumbling out of control.

I personally am not a fan of colour neg film any more, and I don't really like the kodak B&W films (nor Ilford for that matter, bar Pan F). At least Adox appear to still be doing well!

Thankfully I stocked up on Velvia when 7 day shop were selling short dated stuff so I should be o.k for a year or so. 4x5 Acros is just too expensive compared to other black and white film, which is a gutter as it is my favourite black and white by far.

Time to get stocking up on 5x4 Astia from Macodirect I feel. 53 Euros for 20 sheets is ok, but if it starts hitting 65-70 I'll have to seriously reconsider :(

This rise in pricing to include 35mm films? They weren't too specific which products are to be more expensive, just lists 'black & white films'. Looks like I'd best stock up on a few rolls of Acros 100! Such a shame.

This rise in pricing to include 35mm films? They weren't too specific which products are to be more expensive, just lists 'black & white films'. Looks like I'd best stock up on a few rolls of Acros 100! Such a shame.

I would imagine it encompasses all types of film, which is a shame as im starting to like Acros. if it gets too expensive ill stick with Adox CHS25 and PanF until i can afford some Fuji

Everyone ready for a time when we're all shooting on wet plates we made in the home chemistry lab? ;)

Chris, If you want to share an order, let me know. I'd be up for buying a few boxes. Already got a box of astia and a box of provia on the way, but with this price hike set to come in soon, I might as well bite the bullet now...

Time for the Chinese to learn how to make decent film for 50p a roll or less.

Does anyone have a rough idea what the price per roll of film is to be? Think we need to determine whether it'd be worth spending the extra!

Not a clue yet. Fuji have given no information as to the price rise, nor the extent of the rise for a given region. Will have to just wait and see tbh

Ooh if my local Jessops has a 3 for 2 on the film as aforementioned in another recent thread I'll have to stock up on Friday! Need to start shooting more film :}

Does anyone have a rough idea what the price per roll of film is to be? Think we need to determine whether it'd be worth spending the extra!

Well according to a poster over at APUG who contacted Fuji Ireland:

Fujifilm branded mini lab chemistry (paper) +5%
Fujifilm branded mini lab chemistry (film) +10%
Fuji Hunt branded chemistry RA4 +5%
Fuji Hunt branded chemistry C41 +10%
Fuji E6 chemistry +10%
Fuji B&W chemistry +14%
Fujifilm crystal archive paper +8%
Fujifilm reversal, professional & 35 mm film +20%
Fujifilm quicksnaps +10%

If that is the case I will have to start trying out other 100 iso films to see what I like. Hopefully APX100 will look good (not processed the stuff I have exposed yet!) otherwise the search can recommence.

Just as I needed to restock Acros100 and find a replacement for Neopan400 too.

I've got icecream tubs full of 120 Provia400 and Some Astia100 If anyone fancies swapping for some B&W film. Let me know and I'll start the appropriate trade thread.

I've got icecream tubs full of 120 Provia400 and Some Astia100 If anyone fancies swapping for some B&W film. Let me know and I'll start the appropriate trade thread.

May possibly be interested - I'll keep an eye on the Classifieds to see what's what :)

Hi guys, I'm relatively new to film. Just wondering what are the types of film that Fuji are famous for/ I should try? Any recommendations? I want to buy and stock up on them before the price goes up.

I know the Velvia series (50 and 100/F) are quite renowned. Any other recommendations?

Hi guys, I'm relatively new to film. Just wondering what are the types of film that Fuji are famous for/ I should try? Any recommendations? I want to buy and stock up on them before the price goes up.

I know the Velvia series (50 and 100/F) are quite renowned. Any other recommendations?

Fuji superia 200 is a VG general purpose film, and discontinued Reala (can still get it on ebay OOD) gives rich colours.

20% on film. Christ on a bike. I can sense a rather large film order coming on... *looks at Chris* :D

If it seriously is a 20% hike I might have to eat noodles for a month and really stock up. /* goes to look at the point where ordering from the states makes sense, and whether its affordable when being paid a pittance a year in 12 equal instalments of 1/12th of a pittance a month /*

Do I stock up, that is the qesution, 20 rolls Velvia = a weeks wages :puke:

Just had a look around and 7dayshop is nearly 20% more than AG for the films I'm interested in already.

Well I've ordered 5 rolls of Velvia 100F and a nice set of E6 chems from AG, along with more Adox CMS and some more Ektar. Can safely say I've blown the Leica budget (and it's all been on film!)

Tbh, I wish there was a way to quantify the trend of cost increase against standard of photography and shot success ratio. Indeed, It would also probably be rather depressing to see the trend of cost increase against drop in people who shoot film :/

There must be a significant number of people who aren't going to stomach a 20% hike in prices, and will just go all digital, or stop. I hope not to, but LF is already expensive as is, without putting the cost up anymore.

Incidentally Woodsy, I'm thinking 5 boxes of Astia from Maco if you want in. Give me a shout and I'll sort out ordering

Back