Fuji S2 Pro or Nikon D50

Name
Tim Ellis
Edit My Images
No
I have the choice of these 2 camera's both for £200 however I used and was happy with the D50 but given the choice of the Fuji I am quite interested ,

Anyone help me choose, also the S2 Pro what lenses can I use.

Also I have no cameras at th moment or lenses so options are open.

I will be using the camera for landscapes, wildlife and studio.

I haven't used the S2, but the D50 is a great wee camera, imho it's better than the stripped out D40 that replaced it. It can flash sync up to 1/4000 of a sec using a modded SC-28 or similar cable, which is something most of the newer Nikon cameras can't do and is nice and compact.

Hi I use a s2 - takes 4 aa batteries and 2 cr123 batteries but now I use the battery pack which does away with the cr batteries. I use mine for landscapes and wildlife,also macro ..the lenses I use are a sigma 70-300 and a Nikon 28-70

I have a s2 pro and a d70 and I much prefer the fuji for quality but the d70 wins hands down for speed, the fuji takes all the same lenses as the D70..not sure for the D50 though...and yes the battery requirements are drastic for the Fuji s2.

for people and portait type stuff you cant whack the fuji but for anything else it would probably be the d50...pop over here and read up on the s2 pro http://theswampbbs.com/forums/

thnk £200 is a bit steep for a d50 (unless it has a nice lens with it) but as others haev said, it really depends on what you want to shoot mostly, if you are likely to shoot varied subjects you will probably be best going for a nikon

I had the S2 now my missus Babytiger uses it....when it was on AAs and CR123s it was a nightmare but now she uses it with the batterypack its quite good but you need 16 decent rechargables as the meters seem inacurate for consumption so when the 123 meter says its half full you have around 20 more shots before the dreaded FEE flashes up

Wow a Sigma 7-300! Must be quite a lens for all-round capability! :D

Back