Fuji S6500fd

Edit My Images
No
Bought one of these yesterday, first impressions were that it was an excellent camera, took a few indoor pics with it last night and they were great, today I've been taking a few shots out in the garden (very sunny day) and they are disappointingly too bright, the sky is white instead of the blue that it should be and everything appears 'overexposed' and lacking the rich colour that you'd expect, I've tried changing a few of the setting but to no avail.

What am I doing wrong :bang:

Hope someone can give me a few pointers.
Thanks in advance :D

Can you tell us what settings you used? Or post a pic up for us to see?

The sky is probably blown out because there's a lot of contrast between the ground and the sky - if you meter off the ground the sky will be overexposed, if you meter off the sky the ground will be underexposed. There are ways to solve this - HDR is one of them. I'm no expert on that though - can someone else explain it?

OK these photos were both taken this morning (so you know it's not super bright midday sun on the equator etc.)

If I remember rightly, the settings were on auto

rabbit-1.jpg

garden.jpg

When taking a photo, the image apears to look OK on the LCD screen or viewfinder but then looks way too bright when the photo is actually taken.

Do you think the camera itself could be at fault?

Hmm...

I'm not sure. Just a few questions:

1. Did you use flash? If so, don't.
2. Did you change the Exposure Valuation? This could lead to overexposure.
3. When you focus (press the shutter button halfway down) make sure you're not doing it on anything really dark. If you do, the camera will expose for that and the rest of the scene will be too bright.
4. What was the ISO set to?

It would help if you uploaded one of them to the TP gallery here on the forum - then I could see the exif data, I think, and I'd know all the settings you used.

No flash!

ISO on auto

Certainly didn't focus on anything dark

I took a couple of dozen pictures and they are all awful. Photos of the sky, rich blue between the clouds, came out pale and washed out.

What's a TP gallery?

They definitely look overexposed. It is impossible to see why without the exif though. How did you resize them? I think some programs remove the exif when resizing. If you have changed settings and are not sure what you have done there is an option in the setup menu to reset everything to default.

Ive had some problems with my 5200 (similiar to a fuji 5600), and I often resort to trial and error. I hardly ever use the auto feature, I go with taking a few different shots with different settings and go with what looks best when you go back and view the images. Not a problem since I upgraded my picture card :)

Ive sometimes found that the aperture setting you least expect to work gives the best output.

I've just bought one of these & did a lot of research before buying.

The general opinion was to never use the AUTO setting it sets the ISO way to high.

There are problems with this camera which I think a firmware update would cure, mine tends to under expose on auto, the main selling point of this camera was the ability to turn it on and shoot to get a good photo. Its a shame you cant do that.

Back